The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Injury Report: 2018/19 Canucks

ftmN

1 hour ago, lmm said:

Do you think Cull is high on Juolevi as a young kid needing re-enforcement or as an NHL ready prospect.?

So if Edler is -39 Edler is trash, but if our new wunderkind is a potential -64 in his rookie AHL season he is ready for the NHL, is that how this works?

No you can't just say he's - 8 he's trash. You have to exam how he's gotten his points and how he's been scored against. If he's scoring all his points on the PP and being hung out to dry on SH goals then it's pretty apparent why he'd be in the negatives. 

Now if he was racking up 5v5 points and still - 8 you might have some concern. But even then, we're 10 games into his rookies AHL season... 

I'll believe what the coach and GM are saying about him before making an assumption based on +/-

6 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

Plus minus not necessary trash.. who cares if you score 100 goals if you end up -30 that means the other side scored 130 goals against you not counting power plays..  most top line players are plus players and most top D pairings are close to 0 

It can be trash. 

is it fair to Horvat that his coach trusts him in the final minute of a game to put him on the ice with the goalie pulled because their down a goal?  its like a 5% your going to score and a 75% chance your going to get scored against, but you take that risk to try and win the game. 

thats the only time ive ever really been against the +/- stat. 

8 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

Plus minus not necessary trash.. who cares if you score 100 goals if you end up -30 that means the other side scored 130 goals against you not counting power plays..  most top line players are plus players and most top D pairings are close to 0 

YOur teammate can have a trash line change, opening up a breakaway, and you barely stepped one foot on the ice and get a minus, while the bonehead doesn’t get his +/- touched. This happened frequently with us. 

1 hour ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

YOur teammate can have a trash line change, opening up a breakaway, and you barely stepped one foot on the ice and get a minus, while the bonehead doesn’t get his +/- touched. This happened frequently with us. 

Yes while that’s true but say horvat has 50 even strength points and he ends up minus 10 minus 20. Let’s just say 20% of the time is a result of what u said which is already way higher than reality. He still ends up a minus player. And as for what a previous poster said about last min 6 on 5 by the other team. We are rarely winning or leading games so that’s pretty rare 

14 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

Yes while that’s true but say horvat has 50 even strength points and he ends up minus 10 minus 20. Let’s just say 20% of the time is a result of what u said which is already way higher than reality. He still ends up a minus player. And as for what a previous poster said about last min 6 on 5 by the other team. We are rarely winning or leading games so that’s pretty rare 

My point is that +/- without any interpretation is absolute garbage. Plugs on playoff teams are pluses, stars on bottom teams are minuses. It literally means nothing.

"For me the difference this year is depth. As long as Bo, Brock, Pettersson, Edler, and Tanev can stay healthy I think we will be ok. Possible call ups include Gaudette, Dahlen, Archie, Boucher, Juolevi, Sautner and Gagner."   I posted this on Oct 17th and i think i might have jinxed us :unsure:

6 hours ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

My point is that +/- without any interpretation is absolute garbage. Plugs on playoff teams are pluses, stars on bottom teams are minuses. It literally means nothing.

Maybe those (so called) stars on bottom feeders are big minuses because they don't play hard defensively?  It's like the game has moved to where all the players must be defensively responsible, or the team has no success.  I think that's why the Leafs don't want to buck-up for Nylander. 

2 hours ago, Bure_Pavel said:

"For me the difference this year is depth. As long as Bo, Brock, Pettersson, Edler, and Tanev can stay healthy I think we will be ok. Possible call ups include Gaudette, Dahlen, Archie, Boucher, Juolevi, Sautner and Gagner."   I posted this on Oct 17th and i think i might have jinxed us :unsure:

Must kill Bure_Pavel.

On 10/25/2018 at 11:12 AM, WonderTwinPowers said:

No you can't just say he's - 8 he's trash. You have to exam how he's gotten his points and how he's been scored against. If he's scoring all his points on the PP and being hung out to dry on SH goals then it's pretty apparent why he'd be in the negatives. 

Now if he was racking up 5v5 points and still - 8 you might have some concern. But even then, we're 10 games into his rookies AHL season... 

I'll believe what the coach and GM are saying about him before making an assumption based on +/-

You can call whomever you want trash, but I do not talk about people that way.

Nobody leads their team in + or - without the help of their team mates or without contributing themselves.

If he was leading his team in scoring but was only -6 he could be Bo Horvat. Ha Ha

I was asking in response to the original quoted poster saying Joulevi "desreved it" , a call up.

What I have heard is 3 different responders saying +/- is trash and "its not his fault"

I do not generally believe posters who say that, it generally comes with a big dose of "rose coloured glass' ".

You said yourself he is 10 games into his rookie season. What has he done to make you believehe is ready for the big time?

On 10/25/2018 at 3:35 PM, HorvatToBaertschi said:

Man, you sure talk about "Trash" a lot.

You can make that argument about most any stat

20 save shut out vs 50 shot 1 GA game

weak 3rd assist vs an end to end rush that Loui Ericksson fails to finish

didn't Nilsson get an assist recently?

At the end of the season, or career, the best forwards score the most points

the best D have the highest + rating 

the best goalies get the most wins

and the best teams win the most Cups

everything else is just excuses

Archived