The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

US Midterms Tuesday

DonLever

4 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

how big is a modicum?

In a few days I think more people will come to see this as a very positive thing. Being in control of at least one part of congress is always a good thing. 

About twice as much as a smidgen....

18 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

This.  The Senate in 2018 was always going to be a hard egg to crack.  There was hope.

The party that may be sweating bullets in the 2020 Senate elections is the GOP.  They have the majority of senate seats that are up for re-election in that cycle, with a number of them potentially being competitive.  Remember that the moment Susan Collins (R-Maine) voted for the frat boy, it unleashed millions in fundraising that will go to her opponent.  As of Oct. 7, it sat at $3.4 million ( Crowdfunding Campaign to Unseat Susan Collins in 2020 Surges Past $3 Million ). 

In a way, I feel bad for Collins. (okay, not really ;)) There seemed to be this common opinion that as a woman, she should be the one to block Kavanagh's appointment, while all of the male GOP members somehow got a pass. 

I'd like to see all of these spineless sycophants voted out of office, but I think it's a bit unfair that Collins is the target for special attention because of (at least as far as I can tell) her gender.

10 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

In a way, I feel bad for Collins. (okay, not really ;)) There seemed to be this common opinion that as a woman, she should be the one to block Kavanagh's appointment, while all of the male GOP members somehow got a pass. 

I'd like to see all of these spineless sycophants voted out of office, but I think it's a bit unfair that Collins is the target for special attention because of (at least as far as I can tell) her gender.

I here you and agree.  There are a lot of GOP Senators that need to go.  Thing is, a lot of those guys are in fairly safe seats.  Also, Collins played the whole maybe I won't confirm him card, then voted for him anyway.  She represents the best bang for the buck.  Flake would have been another top choice, but he didn't run for re-election.

8 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

So.  Everyone trump endorsed that lost....he just tore apart 

They didn't embrace me

They didn't appreciate my help enough

Man his tantrum is amazing 

I dunoo about you but that press conference was entertaining as hell. Not sure I would want my pm acting like that but I'm not American so I really enjoyed that. Reminded me of the Jerry Springer show.:lol:

With Cruz and indicted Duncan Hunter winning, this is a nice win for the Dems.  Gotta love the fact that the guy who was anti teacher's union got beat by a former teacher.  In a close race that the loser cannot request a re-count because of a law that the loser put in place.

https://www.businessinsider.com/wisconsin-governor-scott-walker-loses-to-democrat-tony-evers-2018-11?utm_source=reddit.com

Scott Walker was narrowly ousted in Wisconsin, and a law he put in place means he can't ask for a recount

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I think that in a way, you're doing exactly what you are asking others not to do.

Personally, I don't see vehement opposition to Donald Trump making one a "tribal idiot". I didn't have a big issue with the election(s) of Reagan, Bush Sr., or even Dubya's first term. (Don't get me started on his re-election, though <_<)

IMHO, there is no greater need for the US (and the world for that matter) than Donald Trump's ouster. And I don't believe that makes me "tribal", nor an "idiot".

I highlighted "your party" in that quote.  I am not affiliated with a party.  Too many people that are part of the tribes are tribal idiots.  What does any of this have to do with Donald Trump?  The idiots were around long before he was president.  He's just the current leader playing them for fools.

1 minute ago, SabreFan1 said:

I highlighted "your party" in that quote.  I am not affiliated with a party.  Too many people that are part of the tribes are tribal idiots.  What does any of this have to do with Donald Trump?  The idiots were around long before he was president.  He's just the current leader playing them for fools.

It seemed to me that your inference was that anyone aligned with either of the major parties was a "tribal idiot". If that wasn't the case, then I apologize for the mistaken impression.

Another first for congress: In addition to two Muslim women and an openly gay man, Sharice Davids and Deb Haaland become the first Native American women elected to Congress:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/election-2018-night-of-firsts-with-historic-wins-for-muslims-native-americans-women-and-lgbt-candidates/

Sharice Davids and Deb Haaland, the first Native American congresswomen

Haaland, a member of the Pueblo of Laguna tribe in New Mexico, will be one of the first two Native American women to serve in the House of Representatives. Davids, who won the race for Kansas' 3rd Congressional District, is a first in two ways: Besides being Native American, she'll also be the first lesbian congresswoman from Kansas. And she's a former MMA fighter, as well.

....well....except for Elizabeth Warren, of course....B)

Of all the things I'd love to see, Fat Donny calling Davids "Pocahontas" to her face, is right up there with Brad Marchand having his nose broken by Jake Virtanen and Sofia Vergara's funbags....

3 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

Lol, Sessions got fired right after the Dems take control of the house and is able to pass law to protect Mueller from being fired. Not going to be surprised to see Mueller fired and the investigation buried before the end of the year.

45 is so predictable.

Mueller should take a page out of the Dotard playbook if that happens and just be like, nope. Investigation is continuing. 

33 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

It seemed to me that your inference was that anyone aligned with either of the major parties was a "tribal idiot". If that wasn't the case, then I apologize for the mistaken impression.

I'm not arrogant enough to say everyone in the 2 parties is or elections would be nearly identical every time.  But an ever increasing number of people are becoming so tribal that they are willing to put up with almost anything as long as their side "wins".

Just now, Tortorella's Rant said:

Mueller should take a page out of the Dotard playbook if that happens and just be like, nope. Investigation is continuing. 

He can't continue if he is fired, but once the Democrats retake the House in January, they can rehire and protect him.  All Trump can do at this point is delay the investigation for a couple of months.

21 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

Lol, Sessions got fired right after the Dems take control of the house and is able to pass law to protect Mueller from being fired. Not going to be surprised to see Mueller fired and the investigation buried before the end of the year.

45 is so predictable.

Fired? Or did he resign?

Archived