Sign in to follow this  
-Vintage Canuck-

Daniel and Henrik Sedin to be inducted into BC Sports Hall of Fame in 2019

Rate this topic

Well earned. They've been a pillar in our community and i'm sure they'll continue to be. 

“It’s an honour to get recognized for something you did throughout your entire career. When you’re caught up playing, you’re just trying to win. So, now it’s nice to get rewarded for all the hard work.” - Daniel Sedin

“We got the call a few weeks ago and it was an honour. It really means something for us to come from a small town in Sweden and now 20 years later to be inducted into the BC Sports Hall of Fame in Vancouver. “ - Henrik Sedin

Did they have a fight or after all this time they're finally sick of each other that they need a buffer seat in the middle?:bigblush:

Edited by Tre Mac

6 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Did they have a fight or after all this time they're finally sick of each other that they need a buffer seat in the middle?:bigblush:

Tommy Larscheid probably want to be able to say he sat as close as he could to them both :wub: - which meant sitting between them.  :wub:

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

They were reserving EP's seat

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Westcoasting said:

I believe Naslund is the only Canucks Captain missing from the Hall. And whoever was the  captain before  Smyl... Oddleifson maybe?

Kevin McCarthy.

Anyway, plenty of Canucks captains haven't been inducted into the BC HOF: Andre Boudrias, Doug Lidster, Dan Quinn, Don Lever, Chris Oddleifson, etc.

I think most of those guys probably wouldn't be out of place in there.  Especially Lidster, who is from BC, became Canucks captain, still holds records for Canucks D, and won two Cups.

Messier hasn't been inducted and never should be.

Edited by Kevin Biestra

9 hours ago, Kevin Biestra said:

Kevin McCarthy.

Anyway, plenty of Canucks captains haven't been inducted into the BC HOF: Andre Boudrias, Doug Lidster, Dan Quinn, Don Lever, Chris Oddleifson, etc.

I think most of those guys probably wouldn't be out of place in there.  Especially Lidster, who is from BC, became Canucks captain, still holds records for Canucks D, and won two Cups.

Messier hasn't been inducted and never should be.

Ugh, racking my brain last night trying to remember that era! Thank you. I did think of the other three i didn't mention but they seemed so meaningless to mention lol.