The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Daniel and Henrik Sedin to be inducted into BC Sports Hall of Fame in 2019

-Vintage Canuck-

Congrats!

Daniel Sedin receiving his BC Sports Hall of Fame scarf from one of BC’s favourites -- Jim Robson:

Henrik Sedin receiving his:

Here’s the full list of inductees:

Athlete

Emily Brydon (skiing)

Roy Gerela (football)

Kelly McCallum (rugby)

Daniel Sedin (hockey)

Henrik Sedin (hockey)

Builder-coach

Darlene Currie (basketball)

Ken Holland (hockey)

Tony Waiters (soccer)

Team

1968 New Westminster Salmonbellies (lacrosse)

Pioneer

Ralph ‘Hunk’ Henderson (basketball/football)

WAC Bennett Award

Ron Toigo

“It’s an honour to get recognized for something you did throughout your entire career. When you’re caught up playing, you’re just trying to win. So, now it’s nice to get rewarded for all the hard work.” - Daniel Sedin

“We got the call a few weeks ago and it was an honour. It really means something for us to come from a small town in Sweden and now 20 years later to be inducted into the BC Sports Hall of Fame in Vancouver. “ - Henrik Sedin

2 hours ago, Westcoasting said:

I believe Naslund is the only Canucks Captain missing from the Hall. And whoever was the  captain before  Smyl... Oddleifson maybe?

Kevin McCarthy.

Anyway, plenty of Canucks captains haven't been inducted into the BC HOF: Andre Boudrias, Doug Lidster, Dan Quinn, Don Lever, Chris Oddleifson, etc.

I think most of those guys probably wouldn't be out of place in there.  Especially Lidster, who is from BC, became Canucks captain, still holds records for Canucks D, and won two Cups.

Messier hasn't been inducted and never should be.

9 hours ago, Kevin Biestra said:

Kevin McCarthy.

Anyway, plenty of Canucks captains haven't been inducted into the BC HOF: Andre Boudrias, Doug Lidster, Dan Quinn, Don Lever, Chris Oddleifson, etc.

I think most of those guys probably wouldn't be out of place in there.  Especially Lidster, who is from BC, became Canucks captain, still holds records for Canucks D, and won two Cups.

Messier hasn't been inducted and never should be.

Ugh, racking my brain last night trying to remember that era! Thank you. I did think of the other three i didn't mention but they seemed so meaningless to mention lol.

14 hours ago, Westcoasting said:

Ugh, racking my brain last night trying to remember that era! Thank you. I did think of the other three i didn't mention but they seemed so meaningless to mention lol.

Well, Lidster's tenture as one of the "tri-captains" was pretty brief, but his Canucks career was important.  Enough so that I'd put him in the Ring of Honour.  His 63 points is still the Canucks record for a D-man in one season, and he's part of that top group that Edler just passed this season for career points.

Boudrias I'd put in the Ring too.  His assists record stood from the beginning of the Canucks until Henrik Sedin.

Archived