The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Minnesota Wild at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 04, 2018

-Vintage Canuck-

58 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Not sure the team is hard to play against right now. Hard to watch, maybe.

Sorry Travis, you're going to have to let your team get some penalties for actually roughing up the other team. 

He wants the team to be hard to play against.  The team doesn't seem willing to up the physical game.  

Several of these grit guys went through significant injuries and might not really see the point in upping the physicality in a losing season. 

We've now technically slipped to 26th but in reality all the teams behind us have between 2 and 5 games in hand and just few points behind us.  So we are almost 100% guaranteed last spot in the basement by Thursday next week and a good chance at first pick.  Fingers crossed !!!! 

5 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

well, they can't be traded now, because if we traded them, Pouliot and Del Zotto would be playing top pair on our team. Can you imagine that? Its like throwing the games away. 

It is a shame that Tryamkin was a bit of a headcase, he may have been one of our best defenseman right now.

Just now, Nuxfanabroad said:

Tonite Bobrovsky gives up EIGHT on about 25 shots! Nah..pass

If you watched that game you know it was crazy. Not to mention Calgary gave up 6 and still won. Calgary has been involved in a ton of high scoring games with good teams.

1 hour ago, Great Granny said:

He had a fair shake. He said he could turn the team around quick. He was dead wrong. Linden is smoking a cigar in his recliner laughing hysterically right now.

You have really misjudged Lindens character.

says a fair bit about you.

2 minutes ago, Pete M said:

Yeah, but JB needs to make wise and smart signings to compliment the prospects (draft picks) to be a winning team, or the window will close before it opens with this group.

Juolevi, Hughes, Tryamkin, Woo are a good starting point for drafting, but they need some good dmen signings to compliment them...no more placeholders.

I keep wondering why Benning is spending a lot on bottom pairing D and bottom 6 forwards? I mean, we don't have anyone in the AHL that could fill those spots that we need to sign players like schaller, Beagle, Roussel etc. If we combine those salaries, we could've had a james neal or maybe a skinner or some other top 6 forward to complement horvat or EP. Problem is Benning is probably thinking that we can draft all the top 6 forward and all the top pairing D when in reality thats not how you build a team. You draft star players but you sign or do trades to supplement that. Not just to throw cap money on guys who are great on the 4th line. Look at how Toronto has depth, to the point that their 4th liner is being used on our top line.  

Just now, Mustapha said:

If you watched that game you know it was crazy. Not to mention Calgary gave up 6 and still won. Calgary has been involved in a ton of high scoring games with good teams.

More & more I feel goaltender numbers are a reflection of the team D, moreso than their comparative abilities. So many teams now doing the side to side, pass/snipe, where you can't even really blame 'tenders.

Don't feel our 2 are as bad as their numbers say.

1 minute ago, RU SERIOUS said:

We've now technically slipped to 26th but in reality all the teams behind us have between 2 and 5 games in hand and just few points behind us.  So we are almost 100% guaranteed last spot in the basement by Thursday next week and a good chance at first pick.  Fingers crossed !!!! 

I saw you taking flak for stating that a few weeks back when they were leading the division. Hate-facts. 

Cape straight-back, sir.

Keep on bringing reality into the discussion so it’s not so much like kumboyah time in here! :lol:

2 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

Every analyst expected them to be dead last except Canucks fan...that is a fact. In fact, everyone was surprised how good we were at the beginning but its the same old pattern. Elias Pettersson has been great but he can't help us win with crappy goalie and defense. 

Crappy goalie and defense wasn't the reason they gave up 3 PP goals. This team is where it is because of bad habits and poor attention to detail.

Not to mention players coasting (Eriksson) while contributing nothing.

1 minute ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

More & more I feel goaltender numbers are a reflection of the team D, moreso than their comparative abilities. So many teams now doing the side to side, pass/snipe, where you can't even really blame 'tenders.

Don't feel our 2 are as bad as their numbers say.

I don't like Markstrom that much, but this season I think he's been OK. It's just the bonehead plays in the D zone, and as much as people want to use the 'our D isn't that good' excuse, I can't help but think that these guys could be coached a lot better. We already tried this rookie coach thing with Desjardins. We will see about Green. Management says he's not going anywhere, but if 1 win in 12 games becomes 1 win in 20...21...22 games, there will be more pressure, even on this 'rebuilding' team. 

Somewhere along the line they have to learn how to win.

1 hour ago, timmylu1 said:

Travis green is a great coach and I truly hope he survives this rebuild. He can’t help this tire fire of a defence. Also I’m over the Hughes banter. Canucks will probably finish dead last and still pick 5. Nothing new to see here. 

Great coaches don't lose 12/13.

Honestly speaking does boeser sign for less if this years trend continues? If Horvat and maybe Jake even have more or close to the same points... How much does his play over the last season over shadow this one. I know he has been injured but still.. all year hasnt looked as deadly.. Honest question here.. Not an attack I love boeser. 

I think its at this point .5 million lower he is looking at best imo 6.0 per year. 

Could be sunshine in a rainbow S#i£ bo bandy.. God damn $#!£ hawks(refs) 

15 minutes ago, b3. said:

It is a shame that Tryamkin was a bit of a headcase, he may have been one of our best defenseman right now.

Can't blame him for being homesick! We don't exactly have decent perogies up to his standards....  and wontons and gyozas aren't quite the same!

Just now, Rick_theRyper said:

Honestly speaking does boeser sign for less if this years trend continues? If Horvat and maybe Jake even have more or close to the same points... How much does his play over the last season over shadow this one. I know he has been injured but still.. all year hasnt looked as deadly.. Honest question here.. Not an attack I love boeser. 

I think its at this point .5 million lower he is looking at best imo 6.0 per year. 

Could be sunshine in a rainbow S#i£ bo bandy.. God damn $#!£ hawks(refs) 

If Eriksson is the 'gold standard' Boeser could ask for 10 million. Eriksson gets 6 and does jack s**t 

Archived