Sign in to follow this  
therodigy

[GDT] Panthers vs Canucks -- Retribution edition?

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

You're not alone in that thinking, 189. I totally agree. I do think Matheson should get run as well. A couple of nice, clean, and brutally hard checks

Thanks and cheers, PB.

And, I guess I knew that before the rhetorical question anyways. 

Long live Canadian-style hockey! 

• Hydration 1

It’s overwhelmingly evident what this site’s Canucks fans want from the team tonight. 

I’m almost proud of the posting demographic here is which expecting to see the Canucks intimidate the Panthers tonight, with the win being the Cherry, not the cake. 

I’m glad to finally see fellow Canuck fans cheer for the end to the victimhood era of Canucks hockey. 

Edited by 189lb enforcers?
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Kushman said:

I know we all collectively hated Michael F%#!land when he played for the Flames, but with his ability to finish, hit, and fight with the heavyweights... who else wouldn't mind if the canucks targeted him this offseason? 

Not all of us did. - Just like not all of us didn’t want MT drafted, etc.

Not all of us are homers. B)

But we know who are resident homers on here are... 

I’d rather the Canucks targeted players like that before they’ve peaked, but you’d have to go back to Bert for a trade like that and think real hard about one before that. 

I won't be adverse to seeing any kind of retribution out there.  But I would most like to see a legit clean hard hit take him out than anything dirty.  Or missing chicklets if he decides he should fight for what he did.  Most of all, I want to see 2 points.

• Like 1

Who gets moved, if Leivo is in the lineup tonite? The logical move would be Gaudette back to Utica. But...do you think Schaller could make it through waivers? I'm all in favor of moving both him and Granlund, but there is no way Granlund would clear waivers

When was the next time someone head hunted Naslund after Bertuzzi stood up for him? 

Never again. No one ever took a cheap shot on Naslund after that. 

Make a statement. Protect our potential league MVP 

The Bertuzzi cheap shot was a message that protected our stars for years until Todd was traded. 

It's just beyond unfortunate that a bunch of players jumped on and piled on more pressure that injured Moore to such an extent. Otherwise he would have just missed a few games at most had no one jumped on top of Tuzzi. 

Whose gonna step up and make sure our super stars Elias, Brock, Bo, don't have to retire by 25 years old because of countless cheap shots since 30 NHL teams know we won't do anything? 

Going to the game tonight... If I don't see some retribution my loyalty to this club will be gone until we get some guys that prove they care for one another. 

It's a privilege to play for the Vancouver Canucks... Time to show we won't stand around and watch plugs take out our superstars. 

Not expecting anything from assistant captain gutless Brandon sutter but hoping someone else answers the bell. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, apollo said:

When was the next time someone head hunted Naslund after Bertuzzi stood up for him? 

No need to go after Naslund after that as he was never very good, after the hit anyway.

12 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Not all of us did. - Just like not all of us didn’t want MT drafted, etc.

Not all of us are homers. B)

But we know who are resident homers on here are... 

I’d rather the Canucks targeted players like that before they’ve peaked, but you’d have to go back to Bert for a trade like that and think real hard about one before that. 

What I meant by "hated Ferland" is that we hated playing against him because of the game he brought and the fact we had no answer to it. However, I would love that kind of player on our team in a heartbeat. That's a significant difference from a player like Marchand for example, where despite his offensive talents, I find him to be a disgusting gutless puke that goes out of his way to purposely injure players. His antics of licking and kissing players is disgusting and I have zero respect for a player like that, and would NOT want him to be a Canuck. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Kushman said:

What I meant by "hated Ferland" is that we hated playing against him because of the game he brought and the fact we had no answer to it. However, I would love that kind of player on our team in a heartbeat. That's a significant difference from a player like Marchand for example, where despite his offensive talents, I find him to be a disgusting gutless puke that goes out of his way to purposely injure players. His antics of licking and kissing players is disgusting and I have zero respect for a player like that, and would NOT want him to be a Canuck. 

I for wouldn't mind seeing Ferland on a line with EP40

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

It’s overwhelmingly evident what this site’s Canucks fans want from the team tonight. 

I’m almost proud of the posting demographic here is which expecting to see the Canucks intimidate the Panthers tonight, with the win being the Cherry, not the cake. 

I’m glad to finally see fellow Canuck fans cheer for the end to the victimhood era of Canucks hockey. 

Don't lump us together...we're individuals.  So no, you don't know what we want until you do a poll or survey.

Many here have always cheered for the right thing to happen...starting at Roger Nielsen.  It's just a slow drag to get there.

I had a Bieksa jersey when many were screaming for him to go.  No victim mentality here...   But the reality is that we are scrutinized heavily when we engage.    So it has to be worth it in man lost games.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Canorth said:

Yeah, I just googled it. Not sure what to think about that

Hossa didnt want to play the last 2-3 years on his 5+m contract when his salary was only 1m. It is such crap they get away with it. Guess Luongo will get it too then...

6 minutes ago, JamesBlondage said:

I for wouldn't mind seeing Ferland on a line with EP40

He's been suffering from multiple concussions too.

1 minute ago, dukeofcanuck said:

Pettersson playing yet? Team is unwatchable without him. 

Nope but his skating vid from 2 days ago tells me he is basically ready. Guessing he is back vs Buffalo on Saturday. 

• Upvote 1