The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Oilers @ Canucks 7pm Jan 16 2019

xereau

Just now, HerrDrFunk said:

It's Community. One of the absolute best sitcoms of all time. 

Thanks. I cut cable years ago but I'll look for it on the untrawebs. I'm always game for comedy, and half naked weirdos doing the slappy dance lathered with oil...

He must be an Oilers fan. Gettin' all oiled up before the game.

1 minute ago, luckylager said:

Thanks. I cut cable years ago but I'll look for it on the untrawebs. I'm always game for comedy, and half naked weirdos doing the slappy dance lathered with oil...

He must be an Oilers fan. Gettin' all oiled up before the game.

I highly recommend it. Most of the primaries have gone onto to do very well for themselves so it's a string of "holy $&!#, it's that person!"

He's oiling himself up so he can go look for a monkey named Annie's Boobs in an air vent B)

2 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

I highly recommend it. Most of the primaries have gone onto to do very well for themselves so it's a string of "holy $&!#, it's that person!"

He's oiling himself up so he can go look for a monkey named Annie's Boobs in an air vent B)

Nice

You sold me, I'll check it out

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

I had not seen the Guddy v Haley fight before.  Haley is an AHL knuckle dragger, who is only a fighter.  Guddy tuned the guy!  No wonder guys, who are actually NHL players, act like little puddy cats when Guddy is playing.  

Guddy is a BEAUTY!  Love he’s ours!!!

Exactly. That tweet about cutting losses with Guddy is just plain dumb. 

Best Case Scenario for playoffs tomorrow:

VAN Beats EDM in regulation*** - 4 Pt game here

OTT Beats COL in regulation

SJS BEATS ARI in regulation

Standings End of Tomorrow:

Best Case Scenario:

WC1: COL - 47 GP, 50 PTS

WC2: MIN - 46 GP, 49 PTS

1: VAN - 48 GP, 49 PTS

2: EDM: 47 GP, 47 PTS

3: ANA: 47 GP, 47 PTS

Worse Case Scenario:

WC1: DAL - 47 GP, 50 PTS

WC2: MIN - 46 GP, 49 PTS

1: EDM: 47 GP, 49 PTS

2: ANA: 47 GP, 47 PTS

3: VAN: 48 GP, 47 PTS

The Canucks last 17 games they have points in 12 of the games. and 10 wins. If they keep up the pace they are easily in the play-offs. Even if they got 3 wins on their 13 game November slump. I know you can't make excuses. But I am looking at the facts. With a 13 game losing streak they are still in the hunt, and that's a fact! If they stay healthy they probably will start pulling away! If they win in Edmonton it will be great! If they lose the points will be made back pretty fast, after all its Edmonton! I love hearing on NHL radio about all these statement games. They mean very little other than 2 points! You can beat a team all year and lose in the play-offs to them or vice versa!

17 minutes ago, YEGCanuck said:

To have some success vs E-town you have to attempt to mark McD throughout the game and hit him at every opportunity. Commit a man to him during the PK and let the other 3 defenders deal with their four players.

The Canucks have played McDavid pretty well. It comes down to Elias. If Elias plays he just has to out produce McDavid. Something Elias has done in almost every head to head against top tier players! For the Oilers to win they have to shut Elias down. If Elias doesn't play the Canucks have to play a tight slow game and watch Edmonton self destruct! It all comes down to Elias! When Elias is in the line up it leaves other players out against the Oilers 3 and 4th defensive pairings, which could be considered 4th and 5th on most other teams! 

Archived