The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

At Number 10 Who do we take?

Rate this topic

aqua59

55 minutes ago, DallasDrake said:

I hope we take York or Boldy. Why anyone else arent high on York? Everyone seems to like the two swedes for D. York has better numbers than example Mcavoy in his draft year

I thought York was weak physically for his style of play or something which is the knock on him. 

6 hours ago, Where's Wellwood said:

Sounds like a Juolevi/Virtanen type of pick

Lazy Jake should have gone late 2nd or early 3rd rounds after what we've seen from this guy so far.  He was definitely not a quality 6th pick!   That Pick was a bust!

• Wat 3

7 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Lazy Jake should have gone late 2nd or early 3rd rounds after what we've seen from this guy so far.  He was definitely not a quality 6th pick!   That Pick was a bust!

im giving jake 1-2 more years before calling it quits on the trade jake wagon.

• Upvote 1

I’m learning more about the prospects in our range and I have to say Alex Newhook looks very promising. He’s a very exciting player ! 102 points in the BCHL great speed and motor 

also really like Broberg who has killer speed for a defender  who’s 6.2”. Absolutely love the urgency with which he turns the play up the ice

Id be over the moon with either of these guys but they may already be off the board at 10.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, TNucks1 said:

im giving jake 1-2 more years before calling it quits on the trade jake wagon.

If he somehow manages to still be here after July - he gets until trade deadline next Feb - no more! Then he's gone - if no improvement.  Enough is enough!  This isn't a daycare!

• Like 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

If he somehow manages to still be here after July - he gets until trade deadline next Feb - no more! Then he's gone - if no improvement.  Enough is enough!  This isn't a daycare!

Your username was going to be my comment.

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Feel like we need a fast playmaker to play with Petey and Boeser.

One with some size and bite preferably.

Sounds like Kirby Dach;

great combination of size, strength and puck skills … ‘offence first’ mentality … soft hands… good puck pursuit … quick stick

Soderstrom or Boldy for me. 

People are talking about Caufield and comparing him to DeBrincat, but Caufield doesn't have the same playmaking ability IMO. 

Only 35 assists in 83 games playing for the USNDTP???

Guaranteed some of those assists were on the PP and freebies playing alongside Hughes, Turcotte, Boldy, Zegras, etc...

I think he's a one-trick pony and I'd rather choose a more well-rounded (yet still offensive) player at #10

8 hours ago, Filthy McNasty said:

I have a feeling  #10 and demko and maybe sutter/jake will be the start of  converstion to try and move up

Sounds like benning is giddy for Hughes 

10th + Demko/Markstrom + Juolev/Huttoni for 1st  + Schneider?

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, xereau said:

If Byram is available at 4, I can see us making a deal to move up. Demko + 10OA for 4OA.  Colorado has an aging goalie and that awesome young scoring core.

Colorado has Francouz in their system, a goalie prospect already on par with Demko.

Moving up is a waste of time unless Benning and company have the inside line on a steal pick.

3-12 this year is an absolute blender of a crapshoot, I'm not sure 5th or 10th pick really matters. It would be nice to "get your guy" but not nice enough to give up other prospects.

If you can grab Krebs, Zegras, Boldy or Soderstrom at 10 you call it a win and move on.

• Upvote 3