The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

U18 World Hockey Championship - Ornskoldsvik/Umea

Rate this topic

The U18 worlds kick-off on Thursday, the 18th. It's a great chance to view some of the draft-eligible players, including many potential first rounders. It looks like TSN has most of the coverage with the games being on in the morning pacific time due to the time difference with Sweden(host).

Official site: https://www.iihf.com/en/events/2019/wm18

Canadian roster:

D4NbxaeUcAETZiD.jpg

(from the last pre-tournament game)

Krebs, Newhook, Cozens and Suzuki are projected to go around where the Canucks pick at #10. Harley is one of the top ranked defenseman, should the Canucks go that route. 

First game is against Finland on the 18th, 10:30am PST on TSN. Go Canada GO!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Reports are that Harley is an absolute tire fire in his own end though.  Hard pass.

This is actually the first time I've ever heard that. All the reports I've read in the last couple weeks have all said he's a composed, patient player in his own end. 

Excited about the tourny. I'm watching for a few players - big part is Krebs. Haven't been able to see the Ice play a lot this year and the one's I saw it was painful to watch. Watching Krebs on a good team will be fun.

• Cheers 1

On 4/16/2019 at 6:01 PM, Jaku said:

Excited about the tourny. I'm watching for a few players - big part is Krebs. Haven't been able to see the Ice play a lot this year and the one's I saw it was painful to watch. Watching Krebs on a good team will be fun.

Yeah I am curious how he will do in that better environment. Same for newhook. Lots of exciting prospects to watch these days!

I watched the game earlier. I liked Rees, Tracey and Krebs. Rees is FAST and tenacious, I think an injury shortened season hurt his draft stock, could be a great grab with a 2nd or 3rd. Krebs is all smarts, looks like an NHLer out there, plays all situations and is wearing the C. 

On D, I liked Korczak, solid all around defenseman. Gauthier in net held us in for the first period. 

From Finland I liked Saarela, he's dangerous out there. Lundell is a great player as well, but not available until next year's draft. 

the roster from today's game:

D4c2woAUEAASvS9.jpg

• Thanks 1