The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Lucic says he would like to play here

4 minutes ago, WestCoastDave said:

What worries me about a Eriksson/Lucic trade is what happens if the former bounce back to his previous Boston form playing with McDavid.  Maybe, we should have a conditional draft pick included just in case such a scenario happen like if he perform better we get a higher or additional pick(s).

Don't worry bro, I have a crystal ball and I've seen into the future. Eriksson still sucks.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, WestCoastDave said:

What worries me about a Eriksson/Lucic trade is what happens if the former bounce back to his previous Boston form playing with McDavid.  Maybe, we should have a conditional draft pick included just in case such a scenario happen like if he perform better we get a higher or additional pick(s).

Does Edmonton get this too?  If Lucic does well?  I assume not right?

21 minutes ago, Pears said:

Is there is even a point in doing this trade if we’re not getting one of their better prospects?

None at all... The most i can see them offering is one of their lesser known (buried) prospects or a late round pick with Lucic for LE. 

PJ will also take a helluva lot more than Goldy or even a Sutter to get as well so no there wont be a Lucic+PJ for Goldy+LE

Edited by Ronaldoescobar
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

None at all... The most i can see them offering is one of their lesser known (buried) prospects or a late round pick with Lucic for LE. 

PJ will also take a helluva lot more than Goldy or even a Sutter to get as well so no there wont be a Lucic+PJ for Goldy+LE

I’d do Benson or Yamamoto if Puljujarvi or the 8th pick are off the table. People laughing at us expecting one of their top prospects don’t know how bad Lucic’s contract is or how it will affect our plans a couple years down the road. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Pears said:

I’d do Benson or Yamamoto if Puljujarvi or the 8th pick are off the table. People laughing at us expecting one of their top prospects don’t know how bad Lucic’s contract is or how it will affect our plans a couple years down the road. 

Yamamoto would be intriguing for sure. That said if we are sending back LE then that definitely limits what we would get back in addition to Lucic imo. Both contracts (while Lucic's is a bit worse) are bad and I dont think the difference between them is as wide as a PJ or 8th overall. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

Fair enough if that's the way they see it. Good luck to them. Take it or leave it is all Holland is gonna see. We aren't the desperate team, they are. They are one, maybe two years from McDavid saying get me out of here. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, WestCoastDave said:

Well.... that's the basis of a trade like this. Both teams hoping their new players rebound under  new circumstances. 

22 minutes ago, rekker said:

Fair enough if that's the way they see it. Good luck to them. Take it or leave it is all Holland is gonna see. We aren't the desperate team, they are. They are one, maybe two years from McDavid saying get me out of here. 

Absolutely! I would not do the deal straight up ( or with minor add) for LE.. While they are different players it is too lateral a move imo and may even make us worse off. 

• Upvote 1

I really like Benning. Seems like an honest hard working guy. His presser today was well done I thought, he’s definitely gotten more comfortable in front of the camera. 

But if these awful rumours are true, and he trades for Lucic there better be a lot more then just a little sweetener coming back, better be more like a sugar rush coming back if we are taking on a NMC for the expansion draft. Taking Lucic for Erickson without a major add would kill all the good will Benning has made in the last 2 seasons/drafts. I think I’m just giving into the hysteria and I’m being paranoid. I honestly don’t think this happens, unless Lucic can waive his NMC for the expansion draft. Plus Erickson isn’t going to want to play in Edmonton lol! If pigs do fly and this happen, and we lose a guy like Tony Stretcher cause of this, I’ll lose my mind.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, messier's_elbow said:

I really like Benning. Seems like an honest hard working guy. His presser today was well done I thought, he’s definitely gotten more comfortable in front of the camera. 

But if these awful rumours are true, and he trades for Lucic there better be a lot more then just a little sweetener coming back, better be more like a sugar rush coming back if we are taking on a NMC for the expansion draft. Taking Lucic for Erickson without a major add would kill all the good will Benning has made in the last 2 seasons/drafts. I think I’m just giving into the hysteria and I’m being paranoid. I honestly don’t think this happens, unless Lucic can waive his NMC for the expansion draft. Plus Erickson isn’t going to want to play in Edmonton lol! If pigs do fly and this happen, and we lose a guy like Tony Stretcher cause of this, I’ll lose my mind.

Lol. An extra large Coke slurpee with chocolate ice cream and fudge on top kind of sweetener. 

• Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, messier's_elbow said:

Yeah. Better be a sweetener. I say Draisaitl and a share in Oil money and also like, McDavid can’t wear skates, plus five first rounders because...

..like...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

That buried prospect, if he’s good, then he’s high on Benning’s list and that’s the list that counts.

Edited by Me_

1 hour ago, messier's_elbow said:

YAH!!