The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

SCF: (A2) Boston Bruins vs. (C3) St. Louis Blues | Blues win 2019 Stanley Cup

Rate this topic

2019 Stanley Cup Final  

178 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Stanley Cup?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/30/2019 at 12:00 AM

2 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

i am actually being serious myself

though i do have a sense of sarcasm? irony? over the stanley cup finalist teams

i watched no games this past round

i am not sure if i watched any in the 2nd round.. might have blocked some memory of that round

1st round i watched a lot

i am unlikely to watch the finals

but who knows.. i won't plan to

but i might end up somewhere where a game is on

and won't avert my eyes

My apologies, my sarcasm detector was off. I don’t really care much for the Blues but no way I’d cheer for the Bruins. I’d say the final would be worth tuning in. It’s probably one of the more even matchups in a cup final. 

1 minute ago, pluralsight said:

My apologies, my sarcasm detector was off. I don’t really care much for the Blues but no way I’d cheer for the Bruins. I’d say the final would be worth tuning in. It’s probably one of the more even matchups in a cup final. 

my effort to follow your lead

and enhance this thread somewhat

Edited by coastal.view
  • Cheers 1

Shame all these games start 1am my time so I won't be able to watch or listen to any of it. If it was the Canucks I'd happily get up but not motivated enough for either of these teams. Picked Blues in 5 cause I don't like the bruins, and I think the Blues have what it takes. Thinking that Schwatrz continues his great playoff performance and gets another hatty in this series. Go Blues!

If the Blues win they leave the "sad club". Since the Capitals won last year that would leave only the Canucks and Sabres. I hate Boston though.

I wish both teams could lose but I have to root for St. Louis, although I think Boston will be too much for them and take it in six. Whoever wins though, I wont be happy.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jaimito said:

Blues in 6.  Best team in NHL since Xmas. Healthier.  Bennington is a match for Rask, who is a known choker despite his good run so far. 

Blues have enough grit too, plenty of size and balanced scoring.  Bruins has the edge in experience.  

Time for a virgin cup winner.   

We saw that last year.

4 hours ago, Where's Wellwood said:

I don't want St. Louis to win their first Cup before us and I don't want Binnington to do that well.

But I also don't want the Bruins or any team in the city of Boston to win anything again ever. 

I'm so conflicted. Can we just skip to the draft?

Lol it's like the 2013 cup finals again

Bruins look like they have a slight edge because of their first line. The depth and goaltending are great for both teams. Defence is a wash I'd say, although I think Blues might actually have a bit of an edge there. 

I think the Blues will win it in 7 games (although I accidentally voted Blues in 6).

A team that entered the league before us and yet, have never won a cup. I'd say they are due. 

1 hour ago, Riviera82 said:

If the Blues win they leave the "sad club". Since the Capitals won last year that would leave only the Canucks and Sabres. I hate Boston though.

I wish both teams could lose but I have to root for St. Louis, although I think Boston will be too much for them and take it in six. Whoever wins though, I wont be happy.

It's a good thing that teams are leaving the "sad club." Hopefully we will be leaving it pretty soon. 

2 hours ago, Generational.EP40 said:

Let’s go Marchy & the B’s !!!!

celebrate brad marchand GIF by NHL

$hit that looks pathetic.

When Curry pulls it off, it actually looks pretty cool and relaxed. When Marchand does it... he just looks like a wannabe.

• Cheers 1

Please don't let the rodent get another ring....

The sheer thought of seeing that ring kissing puke skate around Rogers kissing his ring finger again makes me wanna puke...

At least the diving Sharks didn't go to the finals....