The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Eriksson “NOT” likely to be moved on

4 hours ago, King Heffy said:

I think it's more likely he's lent to another AHL team.  Doubt Benning wants this lazy malcontent anywhere near the prospects, even if he's in the press box where he belongs.

Could also see him waived and told not to report.

Well, since he apparently moved back to Dallas, they can loan him to the Texas Stars.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

They’re likely looking to move him without taking much salary or term back (if any).

Doubt they’re gonna wanna take LE back unless we really make it worth their while. Meaning one of our top prospects.

Wonder if goldy would interest them as he is cheap, has NHL experience and still has potential.

9 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Especially given the issues they had last year with the Uber.  Last thing they'd want is to take on another locker room cancer with a history of whining about the coach when he isn't gifted undeserved minutes.  At this point, I doubt Cull will dress LE when he's sent to the league he belongs in.

Littlethings' outburst made him a lot harder to trade.

Well, you are still marvelous when youvre analysing.... Not.

If Green thinks like you I don't have any high hopes for the season to come. But I don't think he does. Green will use assets available and because Loui din't make any outburst of any sort  they don't have any problem with each other.

Fans like you are a disgrace for the club and if we talks about cancer you're much more like it than Loui.

• Haha 1
  • Wat 2
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Loui has 3 more years left so yes it’s 3 years.

He’s probably looking to dump Boedker without taking any salary back. So the idea that he’d be saving money doesn’t really make sense.

Not at 'more money' for all those three years.

Seriously how hard is it too read the post?:P

If we retain $2m on Eriksson, Melnyk saves $2.33m this year vs paying Boedker. He gets to defer that amount to next year where it all but covers his paying Loui $2.66 next year. So that's two years of Loui for basically the same actual cash as 1 year of Boedker and with a good chunk of it deferred where he can earn interest on it, invest it etc. All with a higher cap hit so it looks like he's spending closer to the cap.

Yes the third year is now extra but $2.66m for Loui isn't really that bad value and that's why we'd be adding sweetener of Goldobin or similar. Melnyk likely also sells the team before then. Before that it makes all sorts of financial sense for him. And the third year is still decent value. And Loui could retire, get bought out etc before the third year anyway.

Edited by aGENT

2 hours ago, Timråfan said:

Well, you are still marvelous when youvre analysing.... Not.

If Green thinks like you I don't have any high hopes for the season to come. But I don't think he does. Green will use assets available and because Loui din't make any outburst of any sort  they don't have any problem with each other.

Fans like you are a disgrace for the club and if we talks about cancer you're much more like it than Loui.

@RowdyCanuck

What is confusing or hard to understand with this post?

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

It's barely mid July...:unsure::blink:

still this thread has been started over 1 month ago and there are no new reports/news on this subject.  This thread turned into a Proposal thread, if not rename it should be moved to the proposal section.

1 hour ago, Steven Stamkos said:

His bonus only kicked in on the 15th so really it’s only dragged on a couple days. 

Still the Zaitsev move was pending on his bonus also and was reported long before.    There is absolutely no new report on this subject.

1 minute ago, timberz21 said:

still this thread has been started over 1 month ago and there are no new reports/news on this subject.  This thread turned into a Proposal thread, if not rename it should be moved to the proposal section.

....? :blink:

There's a pretty damn good chance he's moved this summer so it's a pretty solid 'rumour'. There has also been the odd trickle of info come out over that month (like his bonus actually reportedly being paid on the 15th).

Honestly don't know what you're expecting here. This could go way in to Sept...maybe just untwist panties and go outside for a nice walk in the sun and fresh air.

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, aGENT said:

....? :blink:

There's a pretty damn good chance he's moved this summer so it's a pretty solid 'rumour'. There has also been the odd trickle of info come out over that month (like his bonus actually reportedly being paid on the 15th).

Honestly don't know what you're expecting here. This could go way in to Sept...maybe just untwist panties and go outside for a nice walk in the sun and fresh air.

Not questioning the original rumor, I just see this thread getting lots of activity when actually there is nothing new on this front.  I don't have time to follow this thread entirely, but when I do check up on it, all I see is proposal to trade him to Ottawa.

Anyways, you should untwist your own panties, seems like your more offended by my sarcastic post than anything lol

3 minutes ago, timberz21 said:

Not questioning the original rumor, I just see this thread getting lots of activity when actually there is nothing new on this front.  I don't have time to follow this thread entirely, but when I do check up on it, all I see is proposal to trade him to Ottawa.

Anyways, you should untwist your own panties, seems like your more offended by my sarcastic post than anything lol

My panties are flat and fresh my friend ;) 

20 minutes ago, timberz21 said:

Still the Zaitsev move was pending on his bonus also and was reported long before.    There is absolutely no new report on this subject.

Well what probably happened is management probably decided to move on from Eriksson a month or so ago, looked for a trade with someone around the same contract / money owed(Lucic) and when they couldn’t find anything probably decided to hold out until Eriksson has more value (less money owed (July 15th))

24 minutes ago, timberz21 said:

Then why bother checking on it at all?  Just wait until you see a new one like, "Canucks say they're keeping Eriksson" or "Eriksson traded to X" etc.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

I check this thread just to quickly see if there is any updates.

im kinda optimistic on a Loui trade with the bonus being now paid(July 15th) as  the salary is lower and it’s just a cap 6mil penalty hit.

but I’m also more and more pessimistic that he’ll be moved based on looking at his age and output. I feel other teams would rather have different options in that roster spot. 

Loui is a 3rd or 4th liner who’s roster spot is the ideal spot for bringing in prospects or cheap UFAs. It’s a log jam position.

So Basically im saying I feel he’s too old and nobody waits what Loui offers as a player. So it’s beyond just this money value.

it sucks but I think we’re stuck with him.

Edited by HockeyHarry

53 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Then why bother checking on it at all?  Just wait until you see a new one like, "Canucks say they're keeping Eriksson" or "Eriksson traded to X" etc.

The thread is showing a lot of activity, I'm guessing someone posted a twitter rumors/news/report and people are commenting on that.  I want to follow the development on this subject...but all I see is ridiculous proposal and the ensuing arguments on these proposals.

lol this arguing on my sarcastic post just proves how useless these discussions on this topic have become