The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] 2019 NHL Entry Draft

Rate this topic

cole caufield and kreb havent been picked dang , wonder if JB can make a trade and maybe get a pick in the teens to grab one of em :P hehe jk , but weird those 2 are left who were slated top 10 

and i see why knight was picked by florida, they need a goalie since loungo retiring

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

Caufield dropping as expected, its crazy that some people thought would be a great pick at 10. That size is a real issue and teams couldn't look past it. 

Absolutely but with that offensive skill, it's worth the risk. Teams are always afraid of size but it's burned so many teams in recent years. 

1 minute ago, Hutton Wink said:

The interview with the Canucks' amateur scout yesterday said character was an absolute foundational and key factor in their drafting, so this kid's no flake.  Sounds like he could be a real competitor.

I friggen hope so, because if this is some wimpy attempt to make vancouver more attractive to russians, its going to fail miserably. 

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

How can anyone not like this pick? At number 10 JB is swinging for the fences, and why wouldn't he?

We don't need more "safe picks". Last time I checked we're loaded up with middle six players. We need to be adding 1st line talent, and Podkolzin has that potential.

All this worry about him being from Russia is silly. There's alot more success stories from Russia than players who flake out. The biggest difference between Russians here is that he already plays a responsible two way game with some edge. Nothing like Goldobin or Shirokov used to play. Green will love his game.

BPA no question.

• Upvote 1