The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Proposal: VAN/CBJ

Not a lot of hockey news so what the heck how about another crazy proposal.....

To Van: 
Nick Foligno (captain material, high character, play him up and down the line up, playoff performer, battles and can fight. 

To CBJ

2020 or 2021 1st round pick. Whichever Tampa doesn't use. 

Louie Eriksson 

Brandon Sutter 

Sven Baertchi 

Sign Boeser with the extra cap space

Foligno Pettersson Boeser

Ferland Horvat Miller 

Pearson Gaudette Virtanen

Leivo Beagle Motte 

Roussel 

1 minute ago, Pears said:

Could you imagine the reactions if we traded a 1st round pick AND Baertschi for yet another bottom six forward who will be 33 this season? 

And Loui is heading to retirement or Utica.  Why suffer losing assets (especially a first) to dump him, when he’s going to be off the books soon enough?  

• Upvote 1

Foligno... NO!

I dont think Anderson stays. I would be allllll over that next summer. He is best buds with Horvat too. Could you imagine.. we would have one of the toughest teams to play against. 

Miller - Petey - Boeser 

Ferland - Bo - Anderson 

Pearson/Sven - Gaudette - Virtanen

Roussel - Beagle - Motte/MacEwen

Podkolzin comes the season after. Not to mention Hoglander/Madden/Lockwood coming up for entry level deals. I really think this is a big prove it year for JV. 

Edited by KKnight
  • Upvote 2

11 hours ago, KKnight said:

Foligno... NO!

I dont think Anderson stays. I would be allllll over that next summer. He is best buds with Horvat too. Could you imagine.. we would have one of the toughest teams to play against. 

Miller - Petey - Boeser 

Ferland - Bo - Anderson 

Pearson/Sven - Gaudette - Virtanen

Roussel - Beagle - Motte/MacEwen

Podkolzin comes the season after. Not to mention Hoglander/Madden/Lockwood coming up for entry level deals. I really think this is a big prove it year for JV. 

The KHL season ends in March so we could have Pdokolzin over after the 2nd year with 9 NHL games left.. Tryamkin came over after the KHL season was over and played some NHL games... Sure be nice to have both of these guys in the lineup..

On 8/21/2019 at 2:06 PM, kenhodgejr said:

Not a lot of hockey news so what the heck how about another crazy proposal.....

To Van: 
Nick Foligno (captain material, high character, play him up and down the line up, playoff performer, battles and can fight. 

To CBJ

2020 or 2021 1st round pick. Whichever Tampa doesn't use. 

Louie Eriksson 

Brandon Sutter 

Sven Baertchi 

Sign Boeser with the extra cap space

Foligno Pettersson Boeser

Ferland Horvat Miller 

Pearson Gaudette Virtanen

Leivo Beagle Motte 

Roussel 

I think this is a horrible trade.  Sure it would be great to get rid of Eriksson.  However, he is still an NHL player.  We are giving up 2 experienced 3rd liners, a 2nd line LW, and a 1st round pick for 1 experienced 2nd-3rd liner?  I don't get it.  Take out Baertschi and make it a 3rd and I might do it just to clear up space. However, Sutter produces almost as many points and is a good centerman so is worth a bit more.