The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] 2019 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

3 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

I'll throw this last one out there, I find it hilarious how many posters were on Edlers case last year and not passing it to Brock on the PP, many posters complained about Edler and being slow and always drawing penalties because he can't catch the man beating him anymore. Then Edler re-signs for more money and everyone praises it as this great contract, so people were on his case last year and now he makes more money and what people randomly believe he's getting better then last year then now... Lol okay good luck with that :lol:

I was a firm supporter of Edler last season and was glad he re-signed. 

53 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Yeah, we only get the 6 pack especial here and they sell out quick. I make sure to stock up before the weekend otherwise I'm on the MGD or IPA back up plan 

Keep an emergency six pack in the closet.

I have a six pack of Rolling Rock in the emergency kit. Don't care if she goes bad if the world collapses it'll taste wonderful.

• Cheers 2

5 hours ago, Viper007 said:

I believe you're thinking about 2 years ago, because he was definitely our #1 D man last year, and alot of people were eating crow about how well he played last year.

I think you need to pay attention to the games a little closer to really see what I'm talking about, but don't worry you'll get to see it this year it will happen a lot I saw it in the pre season game already, but of course since they won and scored a bunch no one looks at those little things, they only look at those things when it's not going right or not scoring goals unfortunately.

Last year I'm sure if I dig it up in my history I can find it, but I believe it was the first couple games of the year or even the first game of the year, I said this whole D needed to be revamped because it was really weak the D was garbage and I believe we saw that last year lol, so comparing Edler to how bad the D last year was is not really saying much, what was it 3-4 years ago Edler led the league in minus.

I've been on Edlers case since about 2012-13, that's when I started noticing him not getting any better when he should of been especially at the age he was at in his prime years. I do strongly believe his back injury has really slowed him down over the years, but now with him getting even older he isn't getting better anymore he's just going to continue to slow down more and imo that's even more scarier since he already can't catch guys after he loses it at the offensive blue line. 

• Haha 1
  • Wat 3

5 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

Not everyone thinks giving Edler a 1m raise and full nmc was a wise move tho. JB should've played hardball with him, Edler didnt want to play anywhere else it should have led to us getting him to take a paycut in my honest opinion.

But such is life, 2 years then hopefully that is it. I am sure people will say he deserves to have his # retired by the Canucks after his playing career. I don't, I think you need to win some kind of NHL hardware for that. Of course he is going to lead D stats with the years of service he has on the team

Yes I didn't think everyone was thinking like that, that's why I worded it with many instead. Yes that's the other issue I didn't like with Edler when trying to trade him but I get it, it was in his contract but he just never seemed open to the situation that I didn't like, but I believe you're right he should of played a little more hardball with him because sounds like he didn't want to play anywhere else anyways, imo Benning had a lot more leverage, doesn't look like he tried to use that to his advantage.

3 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I was a firm supporter of Edler last season and was glad he re-signed. 

Yeah some of you did, but many also didn't like his play on lots of nights especially his lack of passing to Brock on the PP, which I don't know how anyone can deny that to be honest. I was just a little surprised to see how many supported Edler after receiving a raise on his new contract, it's like many flip flopped on him once he re-signed, so it shocks me a bit.

• Wat 4

On 9/28/2019 at 9:11 AM, DS4quality said:

Would anyone trade Gaudette for a winger? Possibly Jonathan Drouin? 

Not saying we should but he's probably at peak value right now, and we could use another winger until we get Madden in the system 

If for no other reason than cap? Not much hope in this proposal... 

On 9/27/2019 at 8:11 PM, DS4quality said:

Would anyone trade Gaudette for a winger? Possibly Jonathan Drouin? 

Not saying we should but he's probably at peak value right now, and we could use another winger until we get Madden in the system 

Gaudette has great value now and will.in the future.  Hope that we target someone other than Drouin if we ever deal Gaudette.  

Personally, Drouin has always seemed like a prima dona.  

• Upvote 4