The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Injuries] Canucks Injuries 2019/20

Rate this topic

86Viking

2 hours ago, BO_Scorvat said:

I don't think juolevi is 100% healthy, Utica highlights look like he's skating pretty slow and I've seen some posts about how he probably won't be at his best skating wise till January

he probably is healthy but his conditioning is probably not optimal due to the fact he wasn't able to train like regular because he was rehabbing from his knee surgery. his leg strength aint there yet.

• Upvote 1

Apparently Sutter was taking pictures with fans post game. Hopefully he and Beagle are not out too long.

We could be in trouble if we lose him again like last year. Important player for us, especially on the PK and defensively.

Gives Horvat and Petey so much freedom offensively

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

13 hours ago, kloubek said:

He did come back on the ice to try it out. While he didn't stay, I found that encouraging.

Crosby just had the same surgery that Sutter has had TWICE. Crosby has had this issue since the start of the season but played, that Sutter came out of the game shows his might be a lot worse than Crosby's OR he is just more aware to the start but either way his game will be compromised. This might be the end of his season. There are players that had this and played through it but it ruined the rest of their career's.

Beagle may have a bone bruise after blocking shots

Eriksson is getting ice time through attrition now, the depth of the team has reached it's limit for offensive type forwards. Two to three lines where the plan is just not be scored on.

Edited by ItTakesAnArmy

Hi,

I’m wondering if anyone has updates on our wounded? Or is there a better place to look?

Uneducated Guesses/assumptions

Roussel - Knee - 2-4 weeks ?

Ferland - concussion- ?

Motte - Foot - 1-2 weeks?

Sutter - lower body - ?

Beagle - bone bruise? - day to day?

9 minutes ago, Cold said:

Hi,

I’m wondering if anyone has updates on our wounded? Or is there a better place to look?

Uneducated Guesses/assumptions

Roussel - Knee - 2-4 weeks ?

Ferland - concussion- ?

Motte - Foot - 1-2 weeks?

Sutter - lower body - ?

Beagle - bone bruise? - day to day?

Was wondering same about Ferland.

I think they are projecting Roussel for late December, by the time he's fully recovered and back up to strength, expect him to do a couple of weeks in Utica for conditioning as well.

Sutter, I believe they think about a week to 10 days, Beagle, your estimate is accurate from what I've heard and have heard about the same for Motte.

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

Was wondering same about Ferland.

I think they are projecting Roussel for late December, by the time he's fully recovered and back up to strength, expect him to do a couple of weeks in Utica for conditioning as well.

Sutter, I believe they think about a week to 10 days, Beagle, your estimate is accurate from what I've heard and have heard about the same for Motte.

So more like this, taking into account a conditioning stint to Utica?

Roussel - Knee - return to lineup early January?

Ferland - concussion- ?

Motte - Foot - day to day?

Sutter - lower body - return to lineup late Nov/early Dec?

Beagle - bone bruise? - day to day?

People agree/disagree?

1 hour ago, Cold said:

So more like this, taking into account a conditioning stint to Utica?

Roussel - Knee - return to lineup early January?

Ferland - concussion- ?

Motte - Foot - day to day?

Sutter - lower body - return to lineup late Nov/early Dec?

Beagle - bone bruise? - day to day?

People agree/disagree?

Ferland is not skating so that is indefinite

Roussel should have been ready a month ago so there may be something else wrong, while rare sometimes knee's can need a second look see.

Motte's foot can take 6 to 8 weeks to heal, so from whenever he was hurt.

Sutter may come back in a month but IMO he is destined for the knife, I am pretty sure he knew that after the second effort, done for the season

Beagle's bone bruise, they can get infected but is he even skating? He also has had multiple upper body injuries and illnesses (concussions?) He did get hit pretty hard.

Agree

Edited by ItTakesAnArmy

Here hopes Beagle, Sutter, Motte and Roussel will return soon. In the meantime, I hope the Canucks are able to go at a win one, lose one (and hopefully manage our losses and pick up some loser points) until the December when we should have the majority of our injured players back. We have a lot of home games in December and hopefully by then a relatively healthy line up where we can surge and pick up some points and solidify ourselves in the standings.

15 hours ago, ItTakesAnArmy said:

Ferland is not skating so that is indefinite

Roussel should have been ready a month ago so there may be something else wrong, while rare sometimes knee's can need a second look see.

Motte's foot can take 6 to 8 weeks to heal, so from whenever he was hurt.

Sutter may come back in a month but IMO he is destined for the knife, I am pretty sure he knew that after the second effort, done for the season

Beagle's bone bruise, they can get infected but is he even skating? He also has had multiple upper body injuries and illnesses (concussions?) He did get hit pretty hard.

Agree

Wut?

Canucks GM Jim Benning said that Roussel has been on the ice for a while now, but the Vancouver forward's status remains the same. He is aiming to be medically cleared to play in late November coming off knee surgery. Roussel is starting the season on injured reserve.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, 73 Percent said:

Wut?

Canucks GM Jim Benning said that Roussel has been on the ice for a while now, but the Vancouver forward's status remains the same. He is aiming to be medically cleared to play in late November coming off knee surgery. Roussel is starting the season on injured reserve.

What JB says?

JB has a tenancy to revise what he has stated to fit some new narrative annually.

Just a quick example;

“this is a team we can turn around in a hurry.” becomes “We’ve never once said this was going to be easy or fast.”

Roussel is probably held off the ice and roster right now because of the cap, if he comes back then they lose the LTIR unless they put some other player on it, other teams do this constantly but it is essentially cheating the intent of the CBA, using a legal loophole.

1 hour ago, ItTakesAnArmy said:

What JB says?

JB has a tenancy to revise what he has stated to fit some new narrative annually.

Just a quick example;

“this is a team we can turn around in a hurry.” becomes “We’ve never once said this was going to be easy or fast.”

Roussel is probably held off the ice and roster right now because of the cap, if he comes back then they lose the LTIR unless they put some other player on it, other teams do this constantly but it is essentially cheating the intent of the CBA, using a legal loophole.

Rous has been on the ice for a while now, but there is 0 need to rush him back, we have the depth and want him to be 105% when he comes back. He had a significant injury and the recovery time is cumbersome.

You are right with JB, but like any GM or coach they will say things the owner, fans and players want to hear. Don't want to come out and say what Torts did when he was here, you know cause the truth hurts and nowadays when people hear that they get there panties tied in a knot and get emotional hurt 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, gurn said:

Really, who said that?

Just the average rehab time for a knee reconstruction is around 9 months. I don't think he had a reconstruction though.

Successful ACL reconstruction paired with focused rehabilitation can usually restore stability and function to your knee. Recovery generally takes about nine months

I guess he would be on schedule then for a December return if that was his injury.