The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Detroit Red Wings at Vancouver Canucks | Oct. 15, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

You seriously think that trading markstrom because demko "Looks" to be ready?

Lets do this as an experiment...

Canucks trade markstrom for ????...

Canucks Name Demko as starter...

He struggles and his back up is.....Bachmann

....Bachmann is Thatchers backup....

The team won't make a move with either Markstrom or Demko until either the trade deadline March 2021 or at the draft 2021.

Then one of them will be traded.

3 minutes ago, spliced said:

I was nervous with how the game started but the Nucks settled in and played a really strong game.

Enjoyed Motte's return to the line up.

I'm still not really sure why that game got so testy, it just sort of sprang up out of nowhere.

I was confident after down a goal.  

I think that quick DET goal helped Canucks play better rest or the game. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, spliced said:

I was nervous with how the game started but the Nucks settled in and played a really strong game.

Enjoyed Motte's return to the line up.

I'm still not really sure why that game got so testy, it just sort of sprang up out of nowhere.

It's because "a team like that" was running over the Red Wings

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

My Thoughts of the game...……...

7.  Our PP looked much better tonite, aside from one shift, I give credit to Petey and Brock for that...…...I still think it is to static.

NOPE.
PP was awesome.  Gave so many different looks.Edler distributing to the shooters, and taking shots himself.  Three shot angles from two guys who can rip it, and one guy who can place it.

Then another looks was the down low net side presence 
Another look was Miller down low screening.
The best was moving both Boeser an Petey down the half walls, then posting Miller in the middle of the box.

There is not much more you can ask of a PP.

The only other look you can get is dropping both guys even closer to the front of the net(Miller and Bo), so Petey and Boeser can rip passes through the box to each other.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

I think playing with Myers on his pairing gives him confidence.... he's got another big guy who has his back and who can match him for physicality.

Eddy is the better of the two defensively, Myers is a better skater and puck carrier.  Both of them have excellent shots.

Neither of them is a true #1... but both are 1.5's.

I've really liked Myers so far. Not sure he's a 1.5 on his own, but I agree that they look like a pretty good top pairing 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

I think playing with Myers on his pairing gives him confidence.... he's got another big guy who has his back and who can match him for physicality.

Eddy is the better of the two defensively, Myers is a better skater and puck carrier.  Both of them have excellent shots.

Neither of them is a true #1... but both are 1.5's.

MATH FAIL!

J.k.

Edler and Myers are .99's :bigblush:

12 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

The team won't make a move with either Markstrom or Demko until either the trade deadline March 2021 or at the draft 2021.

Then one of them will be traded.

I politely disagree, Demko will be a solid NHL goalie... when though?

Not likely this year.... maybe next year?

If playoffs are the plan for the Canucks and are in the race, Markstrom will not be traded this year.

Putting all that pressure and spotlight on a young goalie is not a good thing.

if Thatcher struggles and bachmann is what he is, a solid AHL goalie... no playoffs this year.

If Marky wants to come back on a shorter term deal, he will be brought back as 1B to Thatcher the 1A.

Edited by GhostsOf1994
Wasn't done post

1 hour ago, Gaudette Celly said:

Image result for timmy head schaller

man, as a hockey player I hated that guy so much last year that I started calling him Sh!##y McSchaller and I would yell "Sh!##y" at the TV every time he was on the ice.

This year I still yell "SH!##y" every time he is on the ice, the difference is, now I say it with love.

Long live Sh!##y!

my early season choice for unsung hero.

edit

Soon we might need to invest in some of those big heads.

Edited by lmm

4 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Only one thing negative I have to say about the team:

If Baertschi was here and getting the chances Leivo has been getting, he would bury them.

I agree, but management seemed to be concerned Baer wouldn't get himself into the areas Leivo keeps &^@#ing up in.

Which is bull$&!# because Baer is better than Leivo.

But whatever I guess. We won.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, lmm said:

which one? 

The goal shout 

or 

the roughing/ misconduct

both were awesome!

1 minute ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

Roughing /Misconduct unfortunately i missed da turd but i have seen the highlights of the game, but it doesnt show any of the dirty stuff.

After the 1st period I saw stecher fist bumpin Virtanen on that goal, could tell stech" had some fire in his belly tonite!