The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Detroit Red Wings at Vancouver Canucks | Oct. 15, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Had to PVR the game and i'm glad I did!

That game had it all, speed, skill, and grit. Alex Edler drinking from the fountain of youth? He looks great!

I thought Hughes looked a lot more comfortable controlling the puck and making his first pass out of the D zone.

A bit of extra bite in that game, which I love. Early 2000's we had a nice little rivalry going with Detroit and last nights game had that old spark!

• Cheers 1

Aside from seeing success from the top guys, it's encouraging to hear how well Beagle, Motte and especially Schaller played tonight.  I'm still not sure how Schaller fits with the team long term, particularly once Roussel is healthy, but he's at least starting to show what management probably had in mind when they signed him.  None of those guys are likely to light the word on fire with offense but they can match very good players physically.  Motte has certainly showed his value since last season and he's basically picked up where he left off.  Beagle is an expensive 4th line centre but he seems to be a great teammate and a solid veteran presence with this group.  As long as the dollars don't hurt the team's ability to keep its core players (which doesn't look like it should be a problem), then that's just fine.

They didn't miss Gaudette, the 4th Line was on fire. Another good engaged game from Jake and Motte was effective. Horvat has been fairly invisable since becoming Captain. The D is like night and day from last year. Miller was an excellent trade. Schaller had a real good game. Love seeing them score in bunches like that. Demko also played really well. The Canucks are a physical team now, lots of big hits. Love it. Took a few games to get going, but this team is now firing on all cylinders. I wish we could re-do those EDM and CGY games. Going into STL next. I still feel good about our chances.  

• Upvote 1