The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The DumbBrexit / #Wexit thread

JM_

Just now, RowdyCanuck said:

Do they make stickers? Lol

I don't know the cowboy history of Alberta, were there a lot of lynchings? Seems like a USA thing...

Again, I find this too far. The dude had to wear a vest during the campaign. Its a treat on his life.... not funny.

Sad stuff right there. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Can;t remember her name. She posed with a severed head of Trump. 

Snoop dog did a vid where he pretended to shoot DT too...got the same outcry from the Turmpers.

You bought one?

Do you think he should be literally hung up and killed? or you just find that a fun fantasy?

I don't want him dead just removed or imprisoned. 

6 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Do they make stickers? Lol

They do. The farmers market on Blackfoot.

3 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I don't know the cowboy history of Alberta, were there a lot of lynchings? Seems like a USA thing...

Again, I find this too far. The dude had to wear a vest during the campaign. Its a treat on his life.... not funny.

Sad stuff right there. 

The vest was because someone in his home province wanted to shoot him.

Step aside JT problem solved.

• Upvote 2

Just now, bishopshodan said:

Sad stuff right there. 

Well there's a grandfathers law in Calgary if they throw you out they still have to give you a rifle and a saddle and iirc if you catch someone stealing cattle you can still hang them.....all laws still on the books. 

Alberta is like a poor knock off of the states ha 

i agree it is sad but he pushed the people to that point.... 

If you grew up in a rural area or in the country you would chuckle. 

8 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I don't want him dead just removed or imprisoned. 

They do. The farmers market on Blackfoot.

The vest was because someone in his home province wanted to shoot him.

Step aside JT problem solved.

Your nicer then me....have you ever seen cowboy way and what  Keiffer and woody did to that gangster they wanted info from at the zoo?....I might feel worse for the calf though. Go to 3:06 and you'll see what I mean

Sweet I'll have to stop there on my next trip three there ha 

Edited by RowdyCanuck
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

i agree it is sad but he pushed the people to that point.... 

If you grew up in a rural area or in the country you would chuckle. 

I did, but in England & Canada.

also 20 years in Van city in the middle...and now back in the country, into my old age.

I getcha, JT is hated. But, he is just another politician. Vote him out, this kind of thing being promoted is wrong, even as a joke. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I did, but in England & Canada.

also 20 years in Van city in the middle...and now back in the country, into my old age.

I getcha, JT is hated. But, he is just another politician. Vote him out, this kind of thing being promoted is wrong, even as a joke. 

then you've most have met a few people over the years with a twisted sense of humour ?

most of the country folks I've met over the years have a twisted side to them even if it's just a little ha

i could only imagine the type of jokes you heard over in Britain 

problem with voting him out the west already knows it doesn't have the power so this is how they blow of steam  until the east  likes someone standing up for the west like Harper did. 

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, Warhippy said:

good question

81209584_1458196484329244_7282394032808919040_n.jpg

You need to learn how gas prices are calculated a lot more goes into than just taxes. 

And I also call BS I was in Lethbridge on the weekend the gas was 99.8 when I filled up. Friend texted me yesterday it jumped up to 108.2. Checked gas prices this morning and it’s only 102.9

44D8CDC0-E711-46AD-A7BD-202D7BA20C84.thumb.png.17182bcba3ee981ae067a7ed1c329fa3.png

https://www.gasbuddy.com/GasPrices/Alberta/Lethbridge

but hey if conservative hating twitter user says it, it’s got to be true. Look at the amount of commotion outside of that city he got. Sucked you right in, bet you retweeted that too. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

@Warhippy  I can't speak for BC because I haven't been there in a while but fuel prices all over Alberta and even in Calgary are all different you can go to one it's 99 9 go a block down the road and it's 89 9 so surely your Tweet grab the highest one they seen and you without having any knowledge of Alberta whatsoever decided to post it and assume oil companies are gouging without understanding the the trucking companies now  are adding on a cost on everybody is adding cost on hip that's how it works  they pay it so they put it on to the consumer if this is your way to try and defend JT over this carbon tax you are out of your comfort zone

Yep that’s exactly what happened. Hippy got played and dupped. because it was anti conservative he didn’t bother to check the facts, just grabbed his pitchfork and jump on the wagon, this is how unwarranted anger spreads, all simply done by a calculated tweet focused on stirred up people exactly like hip and it clearly worked. this is why we need a war room, to stop this type of made of narrative against our industries.

ps. I took a screen shot this morning of the gas prices in Lethbridge. See post above. 

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Yep that’s exactly what happened. Hippy got played and dupped. because it was anti conservative he didn’t bother to check the facts, just grabbed his pitchfork and jump on the wagon, this is how unwarranted anger spreads, all simply done by a calculated tweet focused on stirred up people exactly like hip and it clearly worked. this is why we need a war room, to stop this type of made of narrative against our industries.

ps. I took a screen shot this morning of the gas prices in Lethbridge. See post above. 

Strathmore which is always more than Calgary. Last stop then beers and home. Will check again in the morning. I imagine hip will play his disappearing act if photography don't work out he will make a great magician. 

Screenshot_20200102-172126_Gallery.jpg

Edited by Ryan Strome
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, RowdyCanuck said:

So you think countries should change their laws so people can wear what they want? 

why arnt people just happy to be here? If it's so important to them then theirs other countries that will allow them to do what ever they want....

to me it's a small price to pay to be in North America....

so I guess you forgot the part about religious freedom in our constitution. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Why is that crap? I would not want my RCMP officer dawning a large cross, star of david or maybe goat horns for that matter. Keep religion out of public service. 

And why are some motor cycle groups aloud to not wear helmets due to turbans?  I really like the Sikh religion, but don't like that they get special privilege. I know bikers that wish they could go without helmets....Easy Rider style and all that. 

because it doesn't effect how they do their jobs. 

14 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

so I guess you forgot the part about religious freedom in our constitution. 

Nope to me religion has its place and if I go to a job where I cant wear a hat I don't try to change the rules , i either keep my job or find a new one.....

pretty simple  , To me you if you want to stand for Canada then respect the union-form. 

With that logic would you be okay if the KKK started a religion ( which they already have kinda) and wore those stupid out fits they wear cause it was their religion? 

I know using the KKK as example was extreme but you could use any group that you wouldn't see eye to eye with....

thx to stupid trump I've read a few stories. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Nope to me religion has its place and if I go to a job where I cant wear a hat I don't try to change the rules , i either keep my job or find a new one.....

pretty simple  , To me you if you want to stand for Canada then respect the union-form. 

With that logic would you be okay if the KKK started a religion ( which they already have kinda) and wore those stupid out fits they wear cause it was their religion? 

I know using the KKK as example was extreme but you could use any group that you wouldn't see eye to eye with....

thx to stupid trump I've read a few stories. 

"stand for Canada"?  what is that supposed to mean? 

you're allowed to have the freedom to express your beliefs as long as it doesn't interfere with your job, in fact employers have a general duty to accommodate. 

there's no legitimate reason an government office worker needs a strict secular dress code, it befits no one, and someone wearing a piece of clothing hurts you in no way whatsoever. 

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

because it doesn't effect how they do their jobs. 

Does it make them more effect at their jobs? Cause to me like I said small price to pay to live in North America and maybe if they look they will find a job that accepts it and a union-form that has been respected and worn proudly wouldn't have to changed.....

6 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

"stand for Canada"?  what is that supposed to mean? 

you're allowed to have the freedom to express your beliefs as long as it doesn't interfere with your job, in fact employers have a general duty to accommodate. 

there's no legitimate reason an government office worker needs a strict secular dress code, it befits no one, and someone wearing a piece of clothing hurts you in no way whatsoever. 

Hard for a police officer wearing a full Burqa to run down a bad guy stealing from cars in downtown victoria near the mcdonalds don't you think?   You know the McDonalds i am talking about.... the one where all the kids used to buy their weed in the old days....

Edited by kingofsurrey