The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Winnipeg Jets | Nov. 08, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

On 11/8/2019 at 7:29 PM, Trebreh said:

we wasted Tanev's 9 lives tonight!

Green outcoached twice in a row. Too many missed opportunities and not enough support in front of Demko!

Thankfully Green is just an interim coach.  We are less than two years away from getting a real coach just as the team emerges from the depths of the bowels of the earth and rise up from the ashes to be a contender finally being ready for a real coach.  Stay patient - change is on the way!!!

(..........and yes, he was seriously out coached again in the last two games - pretty obvious  - even to the blind!)

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Hopefully after Erickson was benched in the third it will be the last time we ever see him in a Canucks Jersey.  He is a useless, over-the hill floater and it makes my stomach turn watching his effortless play.  I'm sick and tired watching him constantly bending over and reaching out 5 feet with his stick - rather than engage the other player  LIKE A MAN!

He is a freeloading parasitic wimp that must be eliminated from the roster and put on barge, pushed out to sea towards Europe where he can't cause any more damage and show younger players bad habits.

I'll pay for his boat ticket! 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Timråfan said:

Leivo isn't impressing so shift those two as a start. 

And as I said, Pearson and Horvat had  a good time together with Loui. 

Do you think Pearson have a good time now? He struggles and can't find the net with people here slagging him talking about 4th line duty. 

Pearson can still be a decent 3d line producer, he also may end up on Bo's wing for much of the year, a lot depends on what happens with Baer. 

The difference is age related decline. Loui simply has lost his scoring touch, his reaction time is gone. He's also not a strong or physical player. Put that together and you have what we see here.

Your arguments rest on the idea that Loui still has some game left but I haven't seen it this year. I was really hoping for a much better year from him and I'm not one of those who thinks he's "lazy" "selfish" etc., I think what were seeing is his true best effort. 

22 hours ago, Crabcakes said:

@WHL rocksCommented to me on the closed thread that Winnipeg was a trap team.   I've noticed that the Canucks don't do well against trap teams.

• Sept 26 Arizona 4-2 loss (preseason)
  • Oct 19 New Jersey 1-0 loss
  • Nov 8 Winnipeg 4-1 loss

others?

Wait until we play Isladers.. they likely get a shut out against us..

Barry Trotz has that Team playing like a cult.. watching their game vs FLD  right now.. best coached team in the league.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

This is what happens when the coach becomes satisfied in a loss to a good team (i.e., StL), the message was sent that we're okay with a loss to a good team...

....he should of ripped into Myers, Horvat and Miller for the stupid play that caused the 3-0....that play was unacceptable.

...in comparison, Calgary wins and the coach rips into the team for not playing well and they win their next 3 games and lose to StL in OT.

...message to TG...never be satisified.

Sure point out what the boys did right, and what they did wrong, but never be satisfied until you are holding the "holy grail"

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

44 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Pearson can still be a decent 3d line producer, he also may end up on Bo's wing for much of the year, a lot depends on what happens with Baer. 

The difference is age related decline. Loui simply has lost his scoring touch, his reaction time is gone. He's also not a strong or physical player. Put that together and you have what we see here.

Your arguments rest on the idea that Loui still has some game left but I haven't seen it this year. I was really hoping for a much better year from him and I'm not one of those who thinks he's "lazy" "selfish" etc., I think what were seeing is his true best effort. 

Not many on this team can handle the constant pressure and high speed Green seems to like. 

If I would count all passes go wrong and all fumbling with the puck I would probably end up with grey hair. 

So, it's definately not only Loui that has problem now. 

And when Leivo end up taking the spot Loui would have it's sad. Why isLeivo in top 6 or in PP? 

Green has to change his game due to players available and wich team we face. 

It's almost as Green has a pitchfork in everyones ass and dare the one who tries to take the puck in full control into o zone... 

Just now, Timråfan said:

Not many on this team can handle the constant pressure and high speed Green seems to like. 

If I would count all passes go wrong and all fumbling with the puck I would probably end up with grey hair. 

So, it's definately not only Loui that has problem now. 

And when Leivo end up taking the spot Loui would have it's sad. Why isLeivo in top 6 or in PP? 

Green has to change his game due to players available and wich team we face. 

It's almost as Green has a pitchfork in everyones ass and dare the one who tries to take the puck in full control into o zone... 

thats because Green is aware of what this team needs to transition to. 

Loui might still be a great fit on a much slower team like ANA, but the way this team is being constructed he's just too slow now. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

thats because Green is aware of what this team needs to transition to. 

Loui might still be a great fit on a much slower team like ANA, but the way this team is being constructed he's just too slow now. 

And who in this team can handle the speed now? 

It is a matter of luck now, how the fumbling puck bounces that decides who wins it. When has that ever been a good strategy? 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

It is a matter of luck now, how the fumbling puck bounces that decides who wins it. When has that ever been a good strategy? 

I agree more than disagree with this statement. 

However, I like being entertained by high risk plays, so I don’t want to revert back to a conservative, over managed attack like we saw from Willy. 

Its good hockey.

The wins are secondary to me at the stage of the roster lifecycle. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

I agree more than disagree with this statement. 

However, I like being entertained by high risk plays, so I don’t want to revert back to a conservative, over managed attack like we saw from Willy. 

Its good hockey.

The wins are secondary to me at the stage of the roster lifecycle. 

It's great when the puck goes our way. 

I don't have a problem with that if Green sometimes change strategy and the dynamics. 

Edited by Timråfan

1 hour ago, Timråfan said:

Petey, Brock, Hughes and Miller can all send and receive passes at full speed. Its not luck at all, those guys are just very skilled and tuned to work at speed. Other guys like Jake have speed but need to carry it in. 

Its an excellent strategy for the 1st line and for Hughes. 

10 hours ago, Timråfan said:

Goodness me, when did I ever talk about Loui as a superstar?

The fact is that one of Pearsons best moments with us was with Loui. 

I'm a bit curious how you can compare Pearson with Ovie, Crosby and McDavid... 

If Green wants anything from  Loui Green has to be intelligent. That's it... 

Where did I speak about Pearson.??  

Including last season, Green has given Eriksson an opportunity on every line,  the pp, the pk..  He fails at every challenge.

You want to give Eriksson special treatment it seems.. why?  

He has had the opportunities.  It’s time for other players to have theirs.

If you care about Eriksson,  you should realize that his best option now is to go to Utica where he will get ice time to try and recover his game.  

It would also show that he actually cares and wants to recover his game.  He is not worthy of an NHL Position.

2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Petey, Brock, Hughes and Miller can all send and receive passes at full speed. Its not luck at all, those guys are just very skilled and tuned to work at speed. Other guys like Jake have speed but need to carry it in. 

Its an excellent strategy for the 1st line and for Hughes. 

All of them are very stressed from time to time. 

Both Petey and Hughes thrives on dynamic play. So mix quick and slow play make them very hard to read. 

2 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Where did I speak about Pearson.??  

Including last season, Green has given Eriksson an opportunity on every line,  the pp, the pk..  He fails at every challenge.

You want to give Eriksson special treatment it seems.. why?  

He has had the opportunities.  It’s time for other players to have theirs.

If you care about Eriksson,  you should realize that his best option now is to go to Utica where he will get ice time to try and recover his game.  

It would also show that he actually cares and wants to recover his game.  He is not worthy of an NHL Position.

Well, Loui isn't a 4th liner so either Utica or top 9... 

8 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Wait until we play Isladers.. they likely get a shut out against us..

Barry Trotz has that Team playing like a cult.. watching their game vs FLD  right now.. best coached team in the league.

Another loss to Jersey today.  Maybe it's just experience and the frustration factor.  I didn't watch today but there's got to be a solution.

6 hours ago, Timråfan said:

Well, Loui isn't a 4th liner so either Utica or top 9... 

Do you not think Utica and get regular shifts and minutes would help his stamina and game presence ?

The seems the other alternative is him getting in for 6-10 mins every 4-5 games with the Canucks

On 11/9/2019 at 12:26 PM, Bertuzzi44ever said:

It’s s hot line that doesent mean its One of the best, none of the three

Players have hit 70, don’t think miller has 60, it’s a good start but last year in

Late november pominville Eichel skinner was a top five line and at the end that wasn’t one of the best lines. (Due to Poms regression and skinners slow second half) 

it could be elite one day but look at the top lines of every team and you could argue it’s not even a top 15 or 20 line.

florida and vegas nearly have two top lines as good, isles, sabres, bruins, Avs, leafs, flyers, canes, flames, oilers, press, blues, jets, stars, I could go in have as good of lines or better 

I won't bother going thru 15 teams.. 

But Oilers absolutely have best line in league. Draisaitl McDavid Kassian are clearly a level above all.. McKinnon Rantanen Landeskog are right there with BOS top line..

Leafs have Tavares Marner that's a pretty good line as well..

Rantanen Landeskog Marner all out long term with injuries so take them out..

I love some of FLD players.. Barkov will win more than one Selke he's great. Huberdeau is another good player.. 

Bruins do have a great top line..

I'd say EP line is amongst the top. McDavid line absolutely best.

Kassian is a good player now.. top 10 in league in hits plays a very good two way game.. McDavid and Draisaitl  best offensive players in league..

3 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Do you not think Utica and get regular shifts and minutes would help his stamina and game presence ?

The seems the other alternative is him getting in for 6-10 mins every 4-5 games with the Canucks

Read a few pages in the last PGT... It seems Green made a lot of players look like Loui.

How many do you want in Utica? 

• Haha 1

On 11/9/2019 at 4:06 PM, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

Please don’t make a new thread if you are going to review what occurred in a game. That’s what the PGT is for. 

I would normally just lock this, but since there is 3 pages of discussion I will merge it with the PGT instead. 

Then 3 pages says it doesn't it. I don't have the time to review. This isn't school.