The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Flames @ Canucks | 02.08.2020 - 7:00PM PST - CBC | Tkachuk the Mutant NHL Turtle

Rate this topic

Brad Marchand

Just now, I.Am.Ironman said:

Bottom line.. .it wasn't as hard on Monahan or Gaudrea as it was on Pettersson. I hope the Nucks look at the cheap shots on EP40 and implement the same strategy next game. Too much 'nice' with this team. As for the refs... I'm not a big 'blame the refs' guy... but I am sorry how does EP40 get slewfooted, crosschecked, stick held and blockered to teh face with no calls? Not that it would matter with our PP anyway.

Agreed, this is where you need your 3rd and 4th liners to muck it up. Roussel does it a bit but no one else does. That should be Schaller/Motte/Beagle's role to an extent. Don't expect it from Gaudette, would like to see more of it from Sutter and Virtanen though.

1 minute ago, Bang Bang Boogie said:

Bo needs to watch film on Iginla, Doan or even Linden.  Those guys were true leaders who did whatever it took to lead their teams.

People said I was an idiot for saying Petey should have gotten the C because he leads by example every night. :(

2 minutes ago, Bang Bang Boogie said:

Bo needs to watch film on Iginla, Doan or even Linden.  Those guys were true leaders who did whatever it took to lead their teams.

Linden had a bunch of legit heavyweights on his team to back him up.  Even Bure would trade you cheapshots if somebody gave him one.  Ask Churla.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan