The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

SEDIN WEEK

Rate this topic

redhdlois

Alot of people are going to look like the real ignorant ones when he doesn't get boo'd at the ceremony tonight, i'd put money on it. It's in your morally superior head. Also booing players that didn't want to play here is a tradition that goes back to Ron Sedlbaur, they won't during a ceremony though, get over yourself.

Edited by Timbermen

15 minutes ago, Timbermen said:

Alot of people are going to look like the real ignorant ones when he doesn't get boo'd at the ceremony tonight, i'd put money on it. It's in your morally superior head. Also booing players that didn't want to play here is a tradition that goes back to Ron Sedlbaur, they won't during a ceremony though, get over yourself.

charlie day ok GIF

On 2/9/2020 at 8:39 AM, debluvscanucks said:

Those who feel an urge to boo Kes:   remember, the current team is there (too) and it shows that we're a fanbase that holds grudges despite a pretty glorious past.  Let's face it, whatever Kes did it's water under the bridge at this point and in order for this franchise to lose negativity it starts at ground zero...with the fans.  A night of celebration should be just that....you wouldn't see your ex at a wedding and start booing and jeering them...you'd consider the time and place and respect that it wasn't really appropriate.   It's not about "you" (us) and our feelings...you'd ruin someone's special night by inserting and vocalizing them.

However we feel about Kes, the fact that he even wants to participate shows he isn't all bad...he may have left the team on a sour note but it all works out in the end.  I'd like it if he got a huge ovation...that would speak more about us than him.  That team was pretty special in its own right...so it's a night to remember "the good" not dwell on the bad.

I was pretty ticked at how he left (and at other things that went down)...but let's face it, guy was a warrior and when he put the team on his back (and, at times he did) it was all heart and soul Canuck.  If he wasn't all in like that it would be harder to reconcile the way he left.  But he left because of that...his pure desire to win and be a champion.  Even if I feel he should have focused on leading "his" team to that, he'd decided a change was necessary and sometimes it is.  

This is a good post, The booing is over with now, It was just a game thing, fans boo. He's not that bad, was just a very priveleged guy that wanted to play for a winner. It bothers me that some were assuming they'd boo. Who cares if you're a fan of this player or that player, tonights about the Sedins. How this became about Kesler is weird, that someone would be so offended he was boo'd in the past is weird. The fans that boo'd them when they played were not pigs, just fans. You have to be a huge Kesler or Luongo fan if this offends you so much. I couldn't imagine being a fan of a player that screwed our team. That being said, there probably will be someone that yells something but out of 18,500 people. Thats not 'the fans' , thats a few people. On Native night, you could hear a few maniacs yelling something but you could tell it was only a few people.

• Thanks 1

If fans want to boo it's their right and it doesn't make them 'butthurt'.  Personally I wouldn't boo nor cheer - silence is golden.  He didn't get a cup and that's all I care about.  I don't bemoan fans who boo former players - get over it, they got paid a lot of money to put up with it.  Kesler quit on this city and then his body quit on him.  

29 minutes ago, Timbermen said:

remember, the current team is there (too) and it shows that we're a fanbase that holds grudges despite a pretty glorious past. 

That's exactly what I want every core player on this team to realize, so don't quit on the city and there will be no problems.

Image result for hitman

:bigblush:

5 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Anybody know if Kes will be on the ice or is he just going to be in the building. Totally forgot that everyone on the ice has been requested to be there by the player having their jersey retired so if Kes is on the ice, another reason that hopefully people won’t boo him because the Sedins wanted him there. 

4 hours ago, Lancaster said:

One of my favourite Sedins memory were when they were rookies.... and Crawford sent them out to kill a 5 on 3 PK alongside Murray Baron.  I think they were caught like on the ice for most of the penalty... but they killed it off.  

The commentators kept going on about how it is a good learning experience for them.  The Twins used to be pretty decent on the penalty kill back in the days.  

I remember a few years ago when the Canucks were in the first round against the Kings and they’re PP was so lethal. The Twins volunteered to step up and kill the penalties and if I remember correctly I think they did really well. They were big time leaders for the team. 

35 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

If fans want to boo it's their right and it doesn't make them 'butthurt'.  Personally I wouldn't boo nor cheer - silence is golden.  He didn't get a cup and that's all I care about.  I don't bemoan fans who boo former players - get over it, they got paid a lot of money to put up with it.  Kesler quit on this city and then his body quit on him.  

That's exactly what I want every core player on this team to realize, so don't quit on the city and there will be no problems.

Image result for hitman

:bigblush:

His body is so beat up because he busted his ass for this team. 

On 2/8/2020 at 7:51 AM, debluvscanucks said:

That would be disgusting and by people who make it about them...not showing respect for the Sedins and the players who've come out in support of them.  In a glaring way for me.  These nights are special...save that booing and crap because it has no place in a celebration.

knowing Vancouver... you just never know. I was born and raised here. I know the ugly side this city can put on if they have/want to.