The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Kings trade Tyler Toffoli to Canucks for Tim Schaller, Tyler Madden, 2020 2nd-round pick, conditional 2022 4th-round pick

2 minutes ago, TheRick said:

If the Canucks end up re-signing Tofolli and with Boeser looking like he's becoming injury prone, would the Canucks entertain trading Boeser in the off season? 

Probably not but you can bet fans will be entertaining the idea lol

1 minute ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

Boeser for Dumba

I think this would be the ideal trade for the team and BB. But I just don’t think the Canucks have what minny would be asking... unless they took a “one for one” kind of deal. That being said, I just don’t see Minny taking BB with all the injuries he’s already had... guess we’ll have to wait and find out.

1 minute ago, dontaylorforprez said:

I think it’s almost inevitable that Boeser with be traded. But it’s not going to happen until the off-season. 

Not a chance we trade Bess.  He’s part of our young core.  Tofu is a rental.  Bess will be back. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

19 ish mill to sign Marky, Tanev, Toffoli, Virtanen, Gaudette, Stecher & Leivo.

Ballpark: Marky 5-6, Tanev 4.5, Toffoli 4.5, Virtanen 2 (1 yr deal), Gaudette 1 (1-2 yr deal), Stecher & Leivo gone.

Moving Roussel is an interesting idea. I like Roussel alot but it might be necessary, he'd have interest too.

+ some 1.7M less because of the bonus overage.  Canucks will stay in LTIR to finish the season so they can't bank cap space.  

Virtanen is 2 years to free agency and has arbitration rights - his agent is far better off filing if that is all you are willing to offer him. He already has 16 goals on the season playing just 13 minutes per game.  Teams can't walk away if the award is just under circa 4.4M.  

• Cheers 1

Just now, dontaylorforprez said:

I think this would be the ideal trade for the team and BB. But I just don’t think the Canucks have what minny would be asking... unless they took a “one for one” kind of deal. That being said, I just don’t see Minny taking BB with all the injuries he’s already had... guess we’ll have to wait and find out.

Except JB will not do this because Dumba is not any better than Stecher 5 on 5.  Check out his stat line, and take away the minus from his points, and Stecher is actually the better player right now, and he’s half the cost.  

Just now, the grinder said:

exactly maybe jb can find some gems in the later round . like madden , gaudette rathibone  trymkin etc 

Pretty sure it’s Bracket who is responsible for the draft, especially after our first round pick.  That’s why it’s imperative we keep Bracket.   

• Upvote 1

A win for the Canucks.

I'm more concerned over the loss of the 2nd than trading Madden, whose best hope on this team down the road would be as a winger, and even then his prospects would be slim with what the Canucks have coming in or already have.

And I'm hoping the Canucks have to throw in the extra 4th on this deal.

regards,  G.

PS - and for all the glass is half empty crowd, who knows, Madden might not have wanted to remain with the Canucks, or he may choose to not sign with the Kings and winds up back with the Canucks, OR, maybe the Canucks elect to trade Toffoli to another team for more picks/prospects than they gave up to get him.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I think you’re right, but what about using Madden and that second as sweetener to clear Loui off our cap, so we have room to sign Marky and Tanev?  There is a ripple effect we are overlooking.  

you need more than a 2nd and madden to clear loui of the books ,  the ripple affect is the playoffs , get experience  and learn 

• Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

Trade makes even more sense with Boeser out long term. Grinding to stay in the playoff race during a year most didn't expect us to be in the mix is worth more to this team than Madden and a 2nd. This team needs to play meaningful games to foster it's development. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, the grinder said:

you need more than a 2nd and madden to clear loui of the books ,  the ripple affect is the playoffs , get experience  and learn 

Maybe.  But after the July bonus Loui is only owed 4 million in total salary, but counts for 6 (for two years) against the cap.  That’s attractive to bottom feeder, rebuilding teams when a top prospect and high pick is attached.  

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Hockey is a trough game.  Guys get injured.  Bess will be back.  That’s why the Tofu rental.  

You keep saying he’s rental. Just wait it out a bit you can call him a rental in the summer if he doesn’t resign lol.

But yes Boes will be back. But we get to go through another summer of awesome ideas about how the fans can trade him lol

1 minute ago, Smashian Kassian said:

So Benning said repeatedly, they have 7 guys who he envisions being Vancouver Canucks 'in the next 2-3 years'. Wonder who that group is.

-----Obvious ones;

Podkolzin

Juolevi

Rafferty

Hoglander

----- then;

Lind

Rathbone

Wonder about the last one, Woo? DiPietro? Or is he putting MacEwen in that group?

I don’t think Hoglander is on the list.  Maybe Jasek?