The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Kings trade Tyler Toffoli to Canucks for Tim Schaller, Tyler Madden, 2020 2nd-round pick, conditional 2022 4th-round pick

Just now, IBatch said:

The goal of playing hockey is to score goals - both these can do it but only one of them has shown they can do it at a very good/elite level.    Yes JVs faster and can hit harder (if he decides to), but is also a pussyfooting a lot of his career in the perimeter.

If he's finally breaking out the yeah for us.  I won't believe it until next year - the sample size is way too small- he is playing for a contract, which bugs me a lot - if he could have done it this earlier then why the heck not?  BB didnt hold anything back that's for sure.  

That's one of the goals......the other to prevent them.  Jake is strong in all three zones, Boeser is strong in one zone.

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Because we don’t have cap room, and Marky and Tanev are more important.  Bess is better than Tofu.  When Bess is back we don’t need Tofu.  We absolutely need Marky and Tanev, don’t you think? 

I don't worry about cap, I leave that to JB. 

Boes is better, if he can get back to form.  He's had a tough year, and I'm not giving up on him, but if his struggles continue next year, I would argue he isn't better than TT.

• Cheers 1

With the possibility of Boeser being done for the season, we had to give up more to get Taffoli. Plus Leivo and Ferland being done only adds to why we had to do something. Thought we overpaid slightly but now it makes sense. 

It was a necessity to keep pace. Hopefully Boes can find his way back before the season ends.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Kragar said:

I don't worry about cap, I leave that to JB. 

Boes is better, if he can get back to form.  He's had a tough year, and I'm not giving up on him, but if his struggles continue next year, I would argue he isn't better than TT.

Bess is younger and absolutely better than Tofu.  I’m kind of surprised a Canuck’s fan would suggest otherwise.  

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Tofu will fit in nicely and do well.  I have no question about his doing well here.  It’s about my not wanting him to be extended after this season.  

So your ok with trading another Hobey Baker finalist (it's going to happen even though he broke a finger and is out) and a second rounder just to make the playoffs?   Madden COULD have been part of this core.   Instead we get 23 games of good career third liner and our playoff aspirations go up.   If we miss the playoffs this will go down as the worst trade JB ever made count on it.    Really hope that doesn't happen. 

Vintage.thumb.PNG.557d60dc6f24d77d0f1fdf181892476b.PNG

While we could all ponder the head scratching post from MikeyD, I for one have never had problems looking for trades in the trades section, I would urge you to look at the alarming numbers from one of our own.

Our Captain, our Captain, Vintage Canuck, as you can see has a negative corsi post to up-vote ratio. He hits a lot of posts but in fact I believe this is an all time record -28535, beating the immortal Clutch quite handily. Perhaps this is why we don't have a uniformed CDC dressing room, and have many dissenters who publicly question the teams desire and direction.

Let's not give up on our own, if you see our Captain, give him an up vote or two, go Green and Blue.

(just joking Vintage, you do an amazing job, Thanks!)

:towel::canucks: WE ARE ALL CANUCKS :canucks::towel:

Edited by Gawdzukes

Just now, IBatch said:

So your ok with trading another Hobey Baker finalist (it's going to happen even though he broke a finger and is out) and a second rounder just to make the playoffs?   Madden COULD have been part of this core.   Instead we get 23 games of good career third liner and our playoff aspirations go up.   If we miss the playoffs this will go down as the worst trade JB ever made count on it.    Really hope that doesn't happen. 

Yup.  I’m totally fine with moving Madden to get Tofu as a two month rental.  We are rich with prospects, so can afford the cost.  Plus, I don’t think Madden signed with us anyway.  He would have stayed in school so he could physically develop, and pick a team where he had a chance to play.  He’s happy he’s a King.  Now he can start his career sooner knowing he will have a spot in their top nine.  He wasn’t getting that chance with us.  

He’s a Smurfette.  Glad the little puke is gone.  

34 minutes ago, stawns said:

It depends on what you value.  I consider Jake a superior all around player than Boeser, with far more versatility.  Boes might provide more offense, but Jake is putting up comparable numbers this season.  

Boeser will probably put up more points then Jake over his career. That’s what I see. I’m not knocking either of them but Boeser is proven where Virtanen is just coming around this year. Boeser is also only 22years old which people seem to forget. His goal scoring potential is higher than Jakes 

5 minutes ago, IBatch said:

If that's his worst trade, he's in pretty good shape then.  He obviously didn't have Madden as a top 6-7 prospect.  There simply wasn't a path to the NHL for him in Van

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Boeser will probably put up more points then Jake over his career. That’s what I see. I’m not knocking either of them but Boeser is proven where Virtanen is just coming around this year. Boeser is also only 22years old which people seem to forget. His goal scoring potential is higher than Jakes 

Goals and points are a third of the game, and one were BB is better than Jake, though Jake is narrowing that gap.  Jake is far, far superior in the other parts of the game.  Personally, I look at a players impact in all facets of the game to judge his value.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Bess is younger and absolutely better than Tofu.  I’m kind of surprised a Canuck’s fan would suggest otherwise.  

As I said... if he can get back to form.

I love Boeser, and I want him to excel as much as the next Canuck fan.  If he bounces back from his injuries and pressure with his dad's situation, then he should be far better than Toffoli.  

8 minutes ago, stawns said:

That's one of the goals......the other to prevent them.  Jake is strong in all three zones, Boeser is strong in one zone.

Jake wasn't as good when BB was a Calder finalist and couldn't cut it his first time through.  Yes he's been good this year - at times even great.   In a way he's the post he's the poster child for TG been the right coach for this team right now (check out his stats in the AHL after his demotion...lucky to be in the NHL at all) - and I truly hope your right.   But IF we could wait this long for JV, why not give BB a bit of slack?  Seriously injured his rookie year - and still he's like I said earlier 4th in scoring in the entire league for most of the season until he was injured.  And he's also shown he can do it without EP...again hope your right.   Would be nice to have two top five R wingers in the league - that's for sure.  

9 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yup.  I’m totally fine with moving Madden to get Tofu as a two month rental.  We are rich with prospects, so can afford the cost.  Plus, I don’t think Madden signed with us anyway.  He would have stayed in school so he could physically develop, and pick a team where he had a chance to play.  He’s happy he’s a King.  Now he can start his career sooner knowing he will have a spot in their top nine.  He wasn’t getting that chance with us.  

He’s a Smurfette.  Glad the little puke is gone.  

Alf are you day drinking again?  That's ok so am I ha ha .  Little pukes that play the way he does inspire bigger loafers. 

• Cheers 1