• T. Gradin
    • A. Edler
    • K. McLean
    • M. Ohlund
    • S. Smyl
    • R. Kesler

This poll is closed to new votes

14 hours ago, -AJ- said:

This is probably the first time (of many, I'm sure) where I'll have a bit of a more controversial pick in voting for Naslund over Bure, who I'm guessing will end up winning.

I'm nominating Burrows.

Naslund should be next.   Best L winger and top three player three years in a row.   However Bure was a better player - unarguably.  

Consider this:  Bure scored two 60 goals seasons in years 2-3 for us.   For those that think that it was easy to score back then they need to give their heads a shake and watch some old games ... players got away with way more and he played with a red line (like an extra off-side)..

I know the Florida season shouldnt count - but his GPG is higher then any Canuck and one of the very best all-time AND he's the only Canuck to be given the top 100 player all-time honour other then the guy we shall not name.   In the deepest darkest days with a so-so Florida team he also scored at a rate equal to or better then his best years as a Canuck and would have two Richard trophies (instead of one - think he was the inaugural winner - fitting really).  

Talent wise I would disagree with Aucoin and say he's the best we've ever had (in any position).   One of the very best players all-time by position.   His time here wasn't long enough - but he was a Canuck long enough to beat Naslund easily.   I'd rather have ten years of Bure over 13 years of Naslund any day.  

4 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Naslund should be next.   Best L winger and top three player three years in a row.   However Bure was a better player - unarguably.  

Consider this:  Bure scored two 60 goals seasons in years 2-3 for us.   For those that think that it was easy to score back then they need to give their heads a shake and watch some old games ... players got away with way more and he played with a red line (like an extra off-side)..

I know the Florida season shouldnt count - but his GPG is higher then any Canuck and one of the very best all-time AND he's the only Canuck to be given the top 100 player all-time honour other then the guy we shall not name.   In the deepest darkest days with a so-so Florida team he also scored at a rate equal to or better then his best years as a Canuck and would have two Richard trophies (instead of one - think he was the inaugural winner - fitting really).  

Talent wise I would disagree with Aucoin and say he's the best we've ever had (in any position).   One of the very best players all-time by position.   His time here wasn't long enough - but he was a Canuck long enough to beat Naslund easily.   I'd rather have ten years of Bure over 13 years of Naslund any day.  

I would actually agree with the bolded--you've nailed the head on primarily why I have Nazzy over Bure. That said, the real difference is 12 years vs 7 years and 884 games vs 428 games, which is too great a difference for me to give the edge to Bure, despite the fact that I will fully agree that Bure was better while he was a Canuck. It also helps that Naslund was captain for 8 years too. If Bure had something like 10 years and 600 or 650 games, he would be much higher in my books--certainly above Naslund and maybe above Linden too.

I voted Smyl more for what he meant at that time to Canucks fans. We needed the work ethic night in night out. Loved what Bure brought. I figured he would be the one to run away with the vote

Nominate Harold Snepts, that winning goal he scored against Montreal brought the house down.

• -AJ- locked this topic