The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

15 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

Maybe a long night at the hospital... it will be a short one in the ring. 

I have a feeling though that floyd will want to make it a boxing match to protect his ego, but i would still love to see nasukawa land a rolling thunder on to that dumbass.

• Upvote 1

My first thought was that this fight would never happen.

Three days after Floyd Mayweather appeared at a news conference in Japan to announce an upcoming fight against 20-year-old kickboxer Tenshin Nasukawa, the 41-year-old boxer wrote on Instagram Wednesday that he "never agreed to an official bout."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/boxing/2018/11/07/floyd-mayweather-says-he-never-agreed-official-bout-japan/1921725002/

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

My first thought was that this fight would never happen.

Three days after Floyd Mayweather appeared at a news conference in Japan to announce an upcoming fight against 20-year-old kickboxer Tenshin Nasukawa, the 41-year-old boxer wrote on Instagram Wednesday that he "never agreed to an official bout."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/boxing/2018/11/07/floyd-mayweather-says-he-never-agreed-official-bout-japan/1921725002/

He watched a highlight clip of tenshin and said &^@# that. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, HI5 said:

Was just surfing the web..apparently Johnny Hendricks is having a bare knuckle match tonight. 

Just sad. 

Imagine how much different his life would've went if the bias judges rightfully gave him the decision against GSP. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, RRypien37 said:

Just sad. 

Imagine how much different his life would've went if the bias judges rightfully gave him the decision against GSP. 

There are few guys that underwent as severe a body transformation as Hendricks. It is hard for me to have much empathy for the guy when it really seems like he was juicing.

Disclaimer: I'm a huge GSP fan and think he won that fight anyway ^_^

On another topic, not that we didn't know it already, but Conor McGregor is so delusional sometimes. Love how he blamed ONE for shutting down the UFC flyweight division. I'm pretty sure it was the UFC that did that. Makes me wonder if the UFC sent him a cheque to try and improve their own PR.

flyweight division still alive so they can try to have 2 seperate 2 division champs, just to bottle neck things more. personally you should only fight in 1 weight class, if you choose to fight in both you should be expected to fight twice as often, especially if your champ. Otherwise its just a waste

Just now, Canuckster86 said:

flyweight division still alive so they can try to have 2 seperate 2 division champs, just to bottle neck things more. personally you should only fight in 1 weight class, if you choose to fight in both you should be expected to fight twice as often, especially if your champ. Otherwise its just a waste

Yeah, I really see TJ taking this... but the dude has an insanely low body fat % so I can't imagine him wanting to do that weight cut too many more times. Wouldn't be surprised if he did the GSP route where he wins the belt and then immediately vacates it to go back to 135. 

1 minute ago, Down by the River said:

Yeah, I really see TJ taking this... but the dude has an insanely low body fat % so I can't imagine him wanting to do that weight cut too many more times. Wouldn't be surprised if he did the GSP route where he wins the belt and then immediately vacates it to go back to 135. 

I think fighters should just fight in the proper weight class. Not cut weight just to make weigh ins the day before a fight then put on what is it 10-20lbs in some cases.

125lbs is skinny for a guy unless your under 5ft. I would be surprised if TJ doesnt easily win the belt from Cejudo

4 hours ago, Just1CupBeforeIDie said:

looks like another good fight night ahead.....however it's on PPV

will they ever put all the fights on tv, not ppv?

Not PPV, it's on TSN 5.

Zombie is in tough against Rodriguez.

Anyone that can apply the fancy schmancy style of Taekwondo to the cage like Rodriguez does, has my attention. But who doesn't love the Korean Zombie? should be fun.

Edited by bishopshodan