The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

1 hour ago, SabreFan1 said:

Nope.  The only real competition for him is Jones.

Gus is no joke either. The fight they had was very close. 

This card was one of the worst of the year. Two solid fights, rest were very meh. 

Hot Ballz looked like he didn't even want to be there. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, RRypien37 said:

Gus is no joke either. The fight they had was very close. 

This card was one of the worst of the year. Two solid fights, rest were very meh. 

Hot Ballz looked like he didn't even want to be there. 

Hot Ballz is a one trick pony and got exposed as such.  Though having quite possibly the hardest punch in the game as your one trick is a pretty good thing to have.

Gustafsson does rise to the occasion for sure, but DC would have nothing to gain by fighting him.  Especially since he's all but retired from the light HW division since his final bout will be with Lesnar in a few months.

Just now, SabreFan1 said:

Hot Ballz is a one trick pony and got exposed as such.  Though having quite possibly the hardest punch in the game as your one trick is a pretty good thing to have.

Gustafsson does rise to the occasion for sure, but DC would have nothing to gain by fighting him.  Especially since he's all but retired from the light HW division since his final bout will be with Lesnar in a few months.

Not saying DC should fight Gus again, just the fight was super competitive as well. It's DC, Jones and Gus then everyone else at LHW. 

As for Lewis, I personally feel Ngannou and AJ are harder punchers. He is a brawler and said so himself. Not sure why he doesn't seem to take this sport more seriously and work on becoming well rounded. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, RRypien37 said:

Not saying DC should fight Gus again, just the fight was super competitive as well. It's DC, Jones and Gus then everyone else at LHW. 

As for Lewis, I personally feel Ngannou and AJ are harder punchers. He is a brawler and said so himself. Not sure why he doesn't seem to take this sport more seriously and work on becoming well rounded. 

Lewis is just in it for the money.  He's all but said it in the past.  He freely admits that he doesn't train hard.

2 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

Lewis is just in it for the money.  He's all but said it in the past.  He freely admits that he doesn't train hard.

Hey now... he went from 30 min sessions per day to 60 min for the DC fight. Huge progress!!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, RRypien37 said:

Hey now... he went from 30 min sessions per day to 60 min for the DC fight. Huge progress!!

I can only imagine the damage he's going to do to his local Popeye's chicken place now that he has a free food for life card from them.  He lives down the street from one.  He's going to be sweating chicken fat. :lol:

Nope, I didn't get the miracle punch I was hoping for. The fight went exactly how anyone who has sense thought it would. 

It looked like the simplest fight for DC, it was almost like he was taking it easy on Derrick. 

DC may be the top heavy weight ever, however if he doesn't get the JJones rematch there may always be a question. That said if GUS can upset JJones, DC fans can chalk up DC's  losses to Jones to drugs and MMA math. 

I've always disliked wrestlers but I was very impressed with DC's hands and boxing in the Stipe fight. He has a full rounded game. However, I can't stand what he's doing these days. He need's shut his trap about WWE and the pretend belt and pretend world they promote. I loath that stuff, soo much. I'll watch the stupid Brock fight and remember the days when big dudes impressed me. 

Adesanya though, that kid can strike and he knows it....runs his mouth like a river. Fun to think of match ups for him.

Edited by bishopshodan

21 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

I almost forgot!  I missed all of the prelims.  Did I miss any good prelim fights?

Blood. You missed Blood. I thought I was watching the walking dead.

yep, in a spoiler tag cause...yuck. 

EDIT: Pic is from the  Sheymon Moraes’ vs Julio Arce fight. J Rogan said it was the bloodiest cage he'd ever walked into after a contest. I swear during the broadcast they mentioned the blood hitting the announcer table...on one of their water bottles.:sick:

Spoiler

sheymon-moraes-julio-arce-ufc-230-10.jpg.de45588fec145d1088719bd53a0ca3dd.jpg

Edited by bishopshodan
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, HI5 said:

mayweather-tenshin.jpg

I don’t even know what to say..:lol::lol:

Rules are still being worked on...the kids 20 years of age, 5ft 4in and 125lbs.

More info: https://www.boxingscene.com/floyd-mayweather-vs-tenshin-nasukawa-announced-1231--133419

Stupidity is what it is. Floyd doing this makes believe he has money problems as this appears to lead set up to something with the UFC. There is absolutely no reason for him to be fighting at this point, especially something that isn't strictly Marquess of Queesberry Rules.  

Edited by RRypien37
  • Cheers 1

12 hours ago, HI5 said:

I don’t even know what to say..:lol::lol:

Rules are still being worked on...the kids 20 years of age, 5ft 4in and 125lbs.

More info: https://www.boxingscene.com/floyd-mayweather-vs-tenshin-nasukawa-announced-1231--133419

Who the what now?

Rizin.?.. the home of freak fights like Gabi the Monster vs a Tiny Old Lady. They got themselves some fixin' and they got that Sakakibara gangster dough.

Yep, makes sense for the old boxer that must have mo' money problems.

Either this fight never happens, or they are paying FM too much money...if it does happen the rules will likely be modified to some silly embarrassing degree.

His opponent is apparently quite good. He's 17-0 in kickboxing 4-0 in MMA. 

Anyway, this reeks. The only reason to like this is that it is a big middle finger to Dana and his stable of hype machines. 

Rumoured 9 figure payday...why not I guess after that massive mansion he purchased. Promoting TMT in Japan, the guy is making money moves and turns out that kid he's fighting was a big fan of his. It's going to be stupid af, but i'll probably watch now :lol: (for free of course)

• Haha 1