The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?

Rate this topic

clutch

You don't really pay attention alot do you..

The only forward to have success with the twins over a proven amount of time was anson carter... thats why the op called burr anson carter 2 because when daniel gets back he will prove that he belongs with the twins .

PS- YOUR COMPARISONS SUCK AND ARE NOT VALID AT ALL.

if you are going to compare one aspect of a player to another and call them "whoever #2", then my comparsion are just as valid as yours .

If you want to discuss Burrows' drop in production without the Sedins, then just talk about the issue. Calling Burrows Carter # 2 implies that he inherit Carter's biggest flaw, which is standing in front of the net waiting for the puck. And unlike Carter, Burrows is also not useless without the Sedins. You just can't call Burrows the next Anson Carter just because he has chemistry with the Sedins.

Back then the Sedins were unknown players. The WCE line was still one of the most fearsome line in the league and the other teams didn't know the Sedins' play style and they cycles. This is why Anson Carter can just stand in front of the net and wait for the puck. If the Canucks extend Carter in that year, i can assure you that he won't repeat the success he had with the Sedins once the other teams learn to check him. So can we stop using Carter as the benchmark of the third twins? Burrows earned every single points he scored with the Sedins in a hard way.

why can't people in CDC just discuss an issue without calling our players names?

o yes, you do know Burrows is playing hurt these days right?

Edited by edgalor

Is it anymore obvious that Burrows needs the Sedins in order to thrive? The second game Daniel is back and the Sedins - Burrows line is reinstated, Burrows scores a goal.

The injury to Daniel effectively removed two players from the lineup - Daniel, obviously, and Burrows. Now that Daniel and Burrows are back, the Canucks will have some sorely needed consistent offense.

Edited by Error: Not Found

Is it anymore obvious that Burrows needs the Sedins in order to thrive offensively and playing hurt? The second game Daniel is back and the Sedins - Burrows line is reinstated, Burrows scores a goal.

Fixed.

He was hurt almost the whole season and was playing lackluster offensively as a result. Even so, he played a very sound defensive and agitating game the whole time.

It is amazing how expectations change. Burrows is on pace for around 50 points and the consensus is that he is having a bad year. He isn't at the same pace he was after playing with the twins last year but he was also without Daniel for most of this year.

Lupul gets paid 4.25, Erat 4.5, Staal 4, Malone 4.5, Clowe 3.6, Horcoff 5.5, Ryder 4, Kunitz 3.7...

Why do I bring these players up? 50 point guys who are still relatively young. They are neither 22 year olds on their first contracts nor are they 37 year olds winding down their careers in a city they enjoy. If Burrows can put up another 50 point season at 2 million he will continue to be a huge bargain.

• Upvote 3

Is it anymore obvious that Burrows needs the Sedins in order to thrive? The second game Daniel is back and the Sedins - Burrows line is reinstated, Burrows scores a goal.

The injury to Daniel effectively removed two players from the lineup - Daniel, obviously, and Burrows. Now that Daniel and Burrows are back, the Canucks will have some sorely needed consistent offense.

quite true. If Burrows would have been placed with Kes and Bernier n a checking role he would have been more noticeable out there. being the player he is, Burrows can't score goals on his own. Take Brooks Laich for example, when he's playng with Ovie or Semin, he gets points and when he plays on the third or fourth line , he contributes in many other ways. Same type of players. both can play a hardnosed game and put the puck in the net if playing with talent along side of them.

It is amazing how expectations change. Burrows is on pace for around 50 points and the consensus is that he is having a bad year. He isn't at the same pace he was after playing with the twins last year but he was also without Daniel for most of this year.

Lupul gets paid 4.25, Erat 4.5, Staal 4, Malone 4.5, Clowe 3.6, Horcoff 5.5, Ryder 4, Kunitz 3.7...

Why do I bring these players up? 50 point guys who are still relatively young. They are neither 22 year olds on their first contracts nor are they 37 year olds winding down their careers in a city they enjoy. If Burrows can put up another 50 point season at 2 million he will continue to be a huge bargain.

I think you're preaching to the choir here, but well said

I like Burr's intensity (again)...if you notice, he's always looking around. He doesn't just watch the play unfold in front of him, he's looking for all the possibilities. He's really a heads up player and I'm glad to see him finding his stride again.

I give him a +

Edited by debluvscanucks