The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?

Rate this topic

clutch

He's been terrible so far this season, but was pretty bad down the stretch last season too. I think his time with the Sedins is well and truly over, Kassian was fantastic with them and even Hansen shined.

Burrows should be delegated to the 2nd or 3rd line. He has past chemistry with both Kesler and Lapierre, and plays too much of a north-south game nowadays, skating far too much to play with the twins who need a stationary rock in front of the net, which is exactly what Kassian and Hansen are.

He'll still get plenty of ice time playing on the 2nd unit PP and 1st PK, but doesn't deserve Sedin-time anymore.

He's been terrible so far this season, but was pretty bad down the stretch last season too. I think his time with the Sedins is well and truly over, Kassian was fantastic with them and even Hansen shined.

Burrows should be delegated to the 2nd or 3rd line. He has past chemistry with both Kesler and Lapierre, and plays too much of a north-south game nowadays, skating far too much to play with the twins who need a stationary rock in front of the net, which is exactly what Kassian and Hansen are.

He'll still get plenty of ice time playing on the 2nd unit PP and 1st PK, but doesn't deserve Sedin-time anymore.

Starting next year Burrows will be a cap hit of $4.5 million for 4 years. He needs to be a 1st/2nd line player for that amount of $$.

Edited by babych

You guys likely didn't see it on TV (away from the play - puck had gone), but Burr got plastered, face first, into the boards in the opener. Not sure if he got his bell rung a bit, but it was right before he took a penalty (and things started to unravel that game). Just something to consider.

He'll be fine...players have peaks/valleys but his determination, work ethic and love for the game mean you won't ever hold him down for long. Not worried.

Burr has been looking a little lost out there, but it's only two games in and such a long time off. Give it time. His time with the Sedins might be over, but that won't stop him. He was putting up points last year on the third line with Pahlsson and Hansen, and he put up points when he went to the International Hockey Tournament too. Definitely doesn't need the Sedins to elevate his game.

He is one of the best two-way players in the league, I love it when he's on the ice because I know the puck isn't going to end up in our own net! Most likely end up in the other teams net. Your just looking for attention because if you truly believe the stuff you said about him you have a brain the size of a sliver...

post-85009-0-43049100-1358874122_thumb.j

Guest Gumballthechewy

I'd rather loose Kesler then Burrows at least he can play in all area's of the game and is reliable unlike Kesler who can not be depended on

This was almost as mind numbingly moronic as the post you quoted.

Are you trying to be clutch 3.0?

Guest Gumballthechewy

Honestly, I find bumping this thread constantly pretty annoying actually.......I think everyone gets that clutch was wrong by now.

Except for clutch, and until he admits that he was wrong this thread shall continue to get bumped.