The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A Game Of Thrones: To the point of the TV show, no spoilers beyond that

Mr.Noodles

23 hours ago, GLASSJAW said:

It was definitely one of my favourites of the series so far, easily top 3. But not just because of the Hodor stuff. the dialogue in that episode was on-point throughout, and so many of the good characters had really defining or interesting scenes.

My favourite bit of the episode was probably with the Greyjoys. the whole conflict and crowning sequence was so good.

sad that von Sydow (probably?) won't be in the show anymore.

but Ian McShane (Al Swearengen) is in the cast for this season, so hopefully he has a good role coming up.

It's weird because in the books, the Kingsmoot were my least favourite chapters. They've done a good job by making Euron interesting, and I like how Yara managed to steal that many boats. Show's how good of a leader she is when all those people were willing to follow her and abandon their homes.

The ending of this episode opens up so many possibilities that I thought would never be on a show like GOT. Damn, it was so good. People seemed to be more emotional and into it because of how Hodor became Hodor and how he died. However, for me, it was the fact that it shows how powerful Bran is. Look at what he can do and look at how concerned the Night King was. He personally brought his other White Walker buddies, plus hundreds of wights to deal with Bran and the Three-Eyed Raven.

7 hours ago, Shaft said:

It's weird because in the books, the Kingsmoot were my least favourite chapters. They've done a good job by making Euron interesting, and I like how Yara managed to steal that many boats. Show's how good of a leader she is when all those people were willing to follow her and abandon their homes.

The ending of this episode opens up so many possibilities that I thought would never be on a show like GOT. Damn, it was so good. People seemed to be more emotional and into it because of how Hodor became Hodor and how he died. However, for me, it was the fact that it shows how powerful Bran is. Look at what he can do and look at how concerned the Night King was. He personally brought his other White Walker buddies, plus hundreds of wights to deal with Bran and the Three-Eyed Raven.

Did that even happen in the books? I personally liked the whole Iron Islands story in A Feast for Crows.

Spoiler

I seem to recall Victarion was sent by Euron to find Daenerys and Victarion was going to betray Euron and take Daenerys for himself. Euron was doing raiding on Highgarden or something near Oldtown. 

10 minutes ago, kacholu said:

That was by far the most boring episode of the season. 

Wayyyyy too much time spent on Sam and Gilly.  

I don't think it was boring yet like other episodes setting up the scene for other major events.

There must be a major reason for the Sam storyline and I'm guessing it has to do with meeting Yara's fleet in Old Town.

Dany has not changed in six seasons. GoT writers seem to love ending on a corny Danyerus speech/moment.

About time Arya figured out she didn't want any part of that. Pretty stoked to see two 12 year old girls duel it out. 

I also thought it was kind of stupid that Benjen waited that long to say 'Oh hi, btw I'm your Uncle'. Episode definitely introduced/set a lot of things up, but one of the weakest of the season IMO.

I like Sam's storyline, so naturally I really liked that episode, but I thought the ending was horrendous. I was actually thinking "please don't be riding the dragon, please don't be riding the dragon..." - welp.

I'm super glad Arya is getting away from all that "the girl has no name" stuff.

Just now, GLASSJAW said:

I like Sam's storyline, so naturally I really liked that episode, but I thought the ending was horrendous. I was actually thinking "please don't be riding the dragon, please don't be riding the dragon..." - welp.

I'm super glad Arya is getting away from all that "the girl has no name" stuff.

I bet she kills the other girl and uses her face.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, theminister said:

Oh, yeah.... maybe that's Swidegn.

Just paused it frame by frame, it actually sorta looks like him? I'm kinda disappointed - I was hoping for a more meaty, long-lasting role. Unless they spend a whole EP doing the flash back sequences, I cannot imagine McShane being in it that much

Nevermind, just googled it - that's not him. Ian McShane revealed his role earlier, and it gives away a plot spoiler. Googlers beware.

Edited by GLASSJAW
  • Upvote 1