The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A Game Of Thrones: To the point of the TV show, no spoilers beyond that

Mr.Noodles

Seriously how stoked are you guys? My tent can't be pitched any higher.

Oh, can we get the non readers to list the characters they think will die in a particular order? Let's see who's most correct as the season progresses

I am stoked. Watching GOT made so many other TV shows that are considered good seem laughable to me. Instead of watching other shows at this point I just rewatch GOT or poke around spoiler free websites reading about the universe or watching videos like this (spoiler free stuff now worries to anyone wondering but never look at youtube comments as they can be danger keep the video enlarged always)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RYG5SOonYc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkMx7xE5wIY

I spent a good chunk of the day zooming around and examining the map today and seeing where everyone is and where they are going and such.

http://viewers-guide.hbo.com/game-of-thrones/season-3/episode-10/map

My body is now ready.

As far as death guesses go...

My guess is that the Lannisters get the worst of it this season.

I am hesitant to give death names mainly because I have come up with like 8 different scenarios where various different people die for different reasons but if I had to choose one... I would say Tywin dies first. The Lannisters are a circus of a family and he is really the only one that holds them together. With him gone they seem doomed.

Though Jamie is a wildcard he is very smart himself and his experience may have humbled him a bit plus he was talked about as a possible hand of the king before Ned was named it in season 1. He may be able to step in and control things. But I am still inclined to think Tywin goes down and with no one to send Joffrey to his room he gets more ruthless (maybe even kills Cercei) until someone on the inside kills Joffrey. Maybe he goes after Sansa and Tyrion who has been on edge of late snaps and kills Joffrey. Or maybe Shea does him in. Or maybe Margaery and Olenna. Olenna did really push Sansa to know about Joff and Margaery had that scene with the crossbow where she said she could kill anyone while looking in the mirror with joffrey beside her. (ramble ramble) I mainly think Tywin and Joffrey are doomed.

As far as other deaths go I will say.... Hound, Yara, one of Dany's dragons not named Drogon, and hopefully Sam before he turns into this shows version of Hugo Reyes. Oh and Ygritte. As far as season 4 goes anyway. Though I feel plenty of others are doomed.

What an awesome first episode to season 4. Even though I have read all the books and the show is still exciting.

I have to say I love the review at the beginning of the episode and the montage of Tywin forging the new swords from Ned's blade. The writers of this show is terrific. We have had no reason to dislike Tywin, until maybe now.

Edited by CB007

What an awesome first episode to season 4. Even though I have read all the books and the show is still exciting.

I have to say I love the review at the beginning of the episode and the montage of Tywin forging the new swords from Ned's blade. The writers of this show is terrific. We have had no reason to dislike Tywin, until maybe now.

completely agree about the opening scene, a very final way to end the rebellion. The CGI for the dragons was amazing, I especially like when (Drogon?) snapped back at Danaerys. Although didn't the books say the dragons only ate their meat burnt? I'm pretty sure it was a fresh kill. The tavern scene with Polliver was also very good, exactly how i imagined it. A pretty good season opener in any case.

Edited by euphoria/

what's with spoiler tags? if we're discussing a show after its aired it should be fine without tags, no? especially when POTENTIAL content/book stuff could be in spoiler tags too

don't make me take risks

i already had that 'red wedding' stuff spoiled, i am playing it safe now

Edited by GLASSJAW

Great episode! The scene with Oberyn talking to Tyrion about what happened to his family was really intense and well done.

I wonder what they're going to do with Arya now, unless they add a bunch of things that didn't happen in the books she should end up in Braavos pretty quickly.

Edited by Beluga Whale

what's with spoiler tags? if we're discussing a show after its aired it should be fine without tags, no? especially when POTENTIAL content/book stuff could be in spoiler tags too

don't make me take risks

i already had that 'red wedding' stuff spoiled, i am playing it safe now

Exactly, anything that's been aired is open for discussion. Spoilers are for book content.

Edited by Beluga Whale
  • Upvote 2

I enjoyed the episode... Mostly because arya is a badass.

I particularly enjoyed the neck stab with needle.

I also got big chuckles from more fantastic material from Joffrey and cersei blaming Jaime for being "away" lol... Good times.

Edited by TheAntar

don't make me take risks

Agreed. You shouldn't be walking into this thread if you still have to catch up with the latest episode in the first place. Don't want to have to accidentally run into a book based spoiler because I don't know which tabs to click on, lol.

The episode itself today was pretty good. A lot of set up, but they've got most characters rolling now. The ending with Arya was gold.

Solid episode. The scene at the inn was badass, as expected.

So, for those who've read the books, I have a theory:

We know that Coldhands is a wight and we know he was once a Ranger for the Night's Watch. We also know that wights retain some of their memories. (We know that from the one that Jon killed, as he was trying to kill the Lord Commander)

For some reason, unknown to us, Coldhands is helping Bran find the Three Eyed Crow, even though he must realize that it runs counter to the interests of the Others....

So, does anyone else think that Coldhands might just be Benjen Stark?

Anyone?

Solid episode. The scene at the inn was badass, as expected.

So, for those who've read the books, I have a theory:

We know that Coldhands is a wight and we know he was once a Ranger for the Night's Watch. We also know that wights retain some of their memories. (We know that from the one that Jon killed, as he was trying to kill the Lord Commander)

For some reason, unknown to us, Coldhands is helping Bran find the Three Eyed Crow, even though he must realize that it runs counter to the interests of the Others....

So, does anyone else think that Coldhands might just be Benjen Stark?

Anyone?

They say he has been dead for a long long time.

Re: the episode, it's good to see Sir Dontos. I look forward to Sansa's story line on screen that much more now that he is in the show.

The greatest part of last nights episode.

joffrey-statue-650x364.jpg

The Hound and Ayra also remind me of Joel and Ellie from the videogame The Last of Us.

It also looks like they are finally setting up Dany for some balance. The whole 3 way competition for her love by the 3 most powerful guys in her unit can't end well and her own dragons starting to slip out of her full control.

Theon is also utterly screwed. I was looking at the map and the route Yara has to actually take to get to him and it should be a while. Pyke islands are on the Western side of Westeros higher up. Dreadfort is on the Eastern side of Westeros almost as high north as the wall. She has to sail south and sweep around the entire continent then up North through the narrow sea (passing numerous other big game players) and all the way north and up a river. Though I know a few weeks have already past in the show Theon should be an utter mess by the time she gets there.

The only thing I am not a fan of is the Shea and Tyrion relationship. It's almost turning into a cheesy High School like drama. But as long as it doesn't drag on for the entire season that way I don't entirely mind it.

Guest Gumballthechewy

I am stoked. Watching GOT made so many other TV shows that are considered good seem laughable to me.

Yeah, me too, I stopped watching a few other shows because they just seem boring and stupid now and I think it's because of this show! :P

Anyway, awesome episode. I'm so stoked for the Royal Wedding! It's going to be in this season right? Oh please!

Guest Gumballthechewy

I prefer the new actor playing Daario Naharis. The other actor seemed too androgynous to me.

Ha ha! The other guy left to star in a reboot of Transporter! Transporter!!! Ha ha haa!

Yeah, me too, I stopped watching a few other shows because they just seem boring and stupid now and I think it's because of this show! :P

Anyway, awesome episode. I'm so stoked for the Royal Wedding! It's going to be in this season right? Oh please!

I am pretty sure in the trailer for season 4 you see scenes from the Royal Wedding. Plus they have been planning the wedding since last season it would be a travesty if they keep having them plan for it the rest of this season into the next xD

I prefer the new actor playing Daario Naharis. The other actor seemed too androgynous to me.

I like this guy a lot more also. I hated the old Daario mainly because of his face. He reminded me of an even uglier version of Fabio.

• Upvote 1

The greatest part of last nights episode.

joffrey-statue-650x364.jpg

That was great, wasn't it. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Joffrey is one of the best tv/movie villains. You can't help but love to hate him. "I'm. Not. Tired!"

• Upvote 1

I am pretty sure in the trailer for season 4 you see scenes from the Royal Wedding. Plus they have been planning the wedding since last season it would be a travesty if they keep having them plan for it the rest of this season into the next xD

I like this guy a lot more also. I hated the old Daario mainly because of his face. He reminded me of an even uglier version of Fabio.

About the old actor:

Ed Skrein apparently left Game of Thrones because he has been cast as the lead role in a reboot of the Transporter action film franchise.

Note to self: Do not watch the Transporter franchise reboot. (Not that i was going to anyway)

While still no where close to the Daario in the books, the S3 Daario is a bit closer to it. This new guy, so far, has been mild mannered and borderline nice. I'll wait and see if the story gives him more opportunity to be more 'Daario' like.