The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What are you listening to?

Rate this topic

RIP to Don Williams. I am playing these two together because I am reminded of drinking with my buddy listening to Communique when his mom comes home and promptly drags the needle across the album while saying "Get this crap off of there". She then put a Don Williams record on. After that I would warn him that his mom is home so he could take off the rock etc. and put on the country. She was a great person, just didn't like our music.

Edited by RWMc1
  • Upvote 3
2 hours ago, RWMc1 said:

RIP to Don Williams. I am playing these two together because I am reminded of drinking with my buddy listening to Communique when his mom comes home and promptly drags the needle across the album while saying "Get this crap off of there". She then put a Don Williams record on. After that I would warn him that his mom is home so he could take off the rock etc. and put on the country. She was a great person, just didn't like our music.

Good story man 

• Upvote 2
5 hours ago, Drive-By Body Pierce said:

Have you seen the short (sort of) documentary called, "It might get loud"?

Its a fantastic account of Jack White getting together with Jimmy Page and The Edge to talk about guitars.

I think so. Is that the one where he teaches them to play Seven Nation Army? 

Here is a fave collaboration of mine; Jimmy Page, Jeff Beck & Eric Clapton.  Very similar guitar style to both previous posts. With decades separating them. This whole album, guitar boogie, is absolute must have!

Edited by Canuck Surfer
  • Upvote 3