The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What are you listening to?

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

For My Beautiful dad! May 14 1939 - Sept 13 2021

He loved this song, would tap his heels, pull on his long collars & swing his bell bottoms ...

my paternal father left when I was young but I still remember him listening to this one.

• Like 3
  • Huggy Bear 1
2 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

For My Beautiful dad! May 14 1939 - Sept 13 2021

He loved this song, would tap his heels, pull on his long collars & swing his bell bottoms ...

Oh man, I just noticed the date. My condolences. I'm sorry for your loss.

It took me a long time getting over losing my mom. I only focus on the good and happy times. It still gets to me sometimes though. Stay strong my friend.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
On 9/12/2021 at 2:25 AM, Ilunga said:

Not sure if you have posted this up @Gollumpus  

Came up on my feed

Yeah, their first big hit. Youtube numbers are a bit skewed for popularity (so I've read) because it seems to pop up more so than other Band-Maid songs. 

This is not one of my favorites, and I almost didn't click on it when I first saw the thumbnail about a decade ago. It looked like another group trying to get their "15 minutes of fame" kind of act, but, I was already doing a bit of a deep dive into Japanese rock bands (not even all female groups), so why not, give 'em 30 seconds or so and move on.

I was surprised! Akane on the drums, and Misa and Kanami fleshing out the instrumentalists were really quite good. Miku provided good harmonies to Saiki (she was air guitaring in this video, as she did for the first few years in concert - she did not as yet know how to play a guitar). Saiki's more NA style vocals were a pleasant change from a lot of the competition (eg. Fuki, who is non-stop vibrato................. snore). 

Fuki is a very good singer/performer, I'm just not into power metal/opera songs. 

When Fuki moved on, the band continued as Gacharic Spin, with the singing duties spread out over different band members, eventually becoming this band. I like this group better than Doll$boxx

(more)

regards,  G.

• Like 1

(more)

Anyhoo, if I hadn't clicked on that Band-Maid link, I'd probably be spamming this thread with MVs from Drop's. A tight band with a very good, bluesy sounding lead (Miho Nakano. 18 yrs old in this first video):

regards,  G.

Edited by Gollumpus
  • Like 1
16 hours ago, Gollumpus said:

I want to have her children.

regards,  G.

I am cheering for you!

If you can pull that off? We should also replace all those who do vaccine research with a shrine to Golumpus...

Spoiler

Annie Lennox born Christmas day1954 >> Is 66 years old. 

• Haha 1
On 9/13/2021 at 2:31 AM, Canuck Surfer said:

Annie; have wanted to see her live for 35 years?

My wife saw her years ago (touring with Sting), and has always raved about what a great show it was.

A lot of time has passed since then…but all indications are she’s still got it…

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2