The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What are you listening to?

Rate this topic

Thanks @4petesake Ronnie Lane was just a gem of a guy. There's a BBC doc(The Passing Show) about his life, mostly after playing with The Faces, & The Small Faces, beforehand. Tragic how this cat came down with MS in his prime. Names like Clapton & Townshend helped him with 1977's Rough Mix lp. Seems like his fellow musicians really loved this bloke.

Don't think there's a singer/songwriter who captures the essence of the 1970's better.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
27 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Ronnie Lane was just a gem of a guy.

I have a DVD of this show; Rod was amazed by this fan.  He also paid tribute to his lost friend Ronnie Wood & the fan was allowed to join as he said he knew the words to all Faces tunes, but its missed in this cut...  

And I played this a month ago; two of my very favorites...

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

I have a DVD of this show; Rod was amazed by this fan.  He also paid tribute to his lost friend Ronnie Wood & the fan was allowed to join as he said he knew the words to all Faces tunes, but its missed in this cut...  

And I played this a month ago; two of my very favorites...

Hi @Canuck Surfer Ronnie Wood's another great character(both with Faces & Stones), but his name can get mixed with Ronnie Lane's.

So many folksy & sentimental Lane tunes I've come to love(with age)...

Debris(for his Dad)

Don't You Cry For Me

April Fool

Roll on Babe(old cover)

Annie(for an elderly lady who'd mind his kids)

Ronnie Lane said F*** you to the exploitative music industry, using his Small Faces royalties to build a music studio in a bus. Also moved to a farm in the countryside.

THEN he had his band traveling like caravan gypsies, along with a small circus troupe! They traveled around England counties, entertaining one & all.

This guy was a true dreamer, that all artists aspire to be.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1