The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tennis

-DLC-

Can't say I'm surprised, Milos didn't have his best game and so he lost, there is a legitimate chance Milos could have played the best tennis ever in his life, and still end up losing, obviously a closer match though.

In a way I'm sorta happy, beating Fed would have been huge for Milos and to have two Canadians in the finals would have been beyond epic, but to expect Milos to beat Fed, and then Dorkovic...yeeeeah, do YOU believe in miracles!?

Federer vs Djokovic and Bouchard vs Petkovic (Euros really like those Kovic names eh), is going to be so fun to watch.

PLUS, we got Pospisil/Sock vs the Bryan brothers is icing on the cake...and can't forget about the cherry! Nestor has a chance to make it to the finals in the mixed doubles!

So much sweetness this weekend, going to have to go on a diet after :P

Can't say I'm surprised, Milos didn't have his best game and so he lost, there is a legitimate chance Milos could have played the best tennis ever in his life, and still end up losing, obviously a closer match though.

In a way I'm sorta happy, beating Fed would have been huge for Milos and to have two Canadians in the finals would have been beyond epic, but to expect Milos to beat Fed, and then Dorkovic...yeeeeah, do YOU believe in miracles!?

Federer vs Djokovic and Bouchard vs Petkovic (Euros really like those Kovic names eh), is going to be so fun to watch.

PLUS, we got Pospisil/Sock vs the Bryan brothers is icing on the cake...and can't forget about the cherry! Nestor has a chance to make it to the finals in the mixed doubles!

So much sweetness this weekend, going to have to go on a diet after :P

Dont really care who wins this now..lol.....I dont know if Milos will ever win a grand slam..there are 2 tiers and he is obviously in the 2nd...and 23 years old..but who knows.

as for the other matches..lets get er on..go Genie and Pops.

Edited by ShakyWalton

Dont really care who wins this now..lol.....I dont know if Milos will ever win a grand slam..there are 2 tiers and he is obviously in the 2nd...and 23 years old..but who knows.

as for the other matches..lets get er on..go Genie and Pops.

I wouldn't even say he's in the 2nd tier.

1st tier: Big 4 (Nadal, Djokovic, Federer, Murray)

2nd tier: Reliable top 10 (Berdych, Del Potro, Ferrer, Wawrinka)

3rd tier: Aging/injured former top 10 plus young guns coming up plus perennial tweeners (Raonic, Dimitrov, Nishikori, Gulbis, Isner, Tsonga, Gasquet etc)

3rd tier: Aging/injured former top 10 plus young guns coming up plus perennial tweeners (Raonic, Dimitrov, Nishikori, Gulbis, Isner, Tsonga, Gasquet etc)

He will be among the young stars that rise as the old slowly fade.

Why would you say that? He is going to be ranked 6th or 7th in the world after Wimbledon is over. He made the QFs of the French too. He is definitely inside the 'second tier'

Also, you cannot even say Murray is in tier one anymore. He's ranked like 10th after Wimbledon, hasn't gotten a top 10 win forever, hasn't been in a single final this year(Hasn't won a title in a year). He has been injured however.

I am a member of quite a large tennis forum, and even his biggest supporters are wondering if he will ever be a contender again.

Edited by Wilfred

He will be among the young stars that rise as the old slowly fade.

Why would you say that? He is going to be ranked 6th or 7th in the world after Wimbledon is over. He made the QFs of the French too. He is definitely inside the 'second tier'

These.

He's already in what is a second tier, and he'll be moving up with dimitrov and nishikori when the very top opens up.

Kvitova isn't this much better than the 2nd best woman player in Wimbledon. Bouchard isn't near that level, she didn't have to play Sharapova or Serena Williams and everybody thought she had a chance just because she got all the way to the finals. Bouchard is around the 8-14th best player in Wimbledon.