The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate The Last Movie You Saw

marleau_12

The Avengers - 9.5/10

Honestly, it couldn't have been much better. The rating I gave it is generous, but this is the ultimate superhero movie right here. It has a bit of everything. I don't really know what to say, other then go watch it as soon as it comes out. There were so many moments where I felt like cheering at the screen. The whole of the New York fight had the best bunch of action sequences I've ever seen.

Basically take what you felt during the 2 and a half minute trailer, and extend that for well over 2 hours, and I guess that's how I could best describe the movie. Seriously, go watch it whenever you can. By the end you won't be able to figure out which hero was your favourite.

The Avengers - 9.5/10

Honestly, it couldn't have been much better. The rating I gave it is generous, but this is the ultimate superhero movie right here. It has a bit of everything. I don't really know what to say, other then go watch it as soon as it comes out. There were so many moments where I felt like cheering at the screen. The whole of the New York fight had the best bunch of action sequences I've ever seen.

Basically take what you felt during the 2 and a half minute trailer, and extend that for well over 2 hours, and I guess that's how I could best describe the movie. Seriously, go watch it whenever you can. By the end you won't be able to figure out which hero was your favourite.

The Tiger And The Snow - 9/10

220px-TheTigerAndTheSnow.jpg

This was probably the 6th time I've seen it, and I still savoured it from beginning to end. I still don't get why the critics panned it. I've shown this movie to over a dozen people, and every one of them absolutely loved it.

Ya one of the more interesting movies I have seen in the past while. Worth a watch.]

Chimpanzee - Was a cool little documentary with a nice little story. I would recommend this to most people that have seen any other Disney nature movies or any of the planet earth series. Some really amazing shots of the forest where these monkeys live. 8/10

The Avengers - 9.5/10

Hulk has always been my favourite out of those guys.

Would this movie be enjoyable for my 9 year old cousin, he doesn't care for the story too much; he mainly cares about the 3D and the scenes with action.

If I had to pick, I would say my favourite is Captain America, but I don't feel like I have to pick one, lol. That's the thing about the movie, everyone gets a proper send-up.

I would say take your cousin, as there's nothing inappropriate in this movie. And yes he'll enjoy it. It isn't a movie about the story, it's a movie about the characters. And if he's into superheroes and all, there's no way he won't enjoy it.

One of my friends backed out of going because she thought it would be too much of a guy's movie. But we're all going back to watch it on Wednesday, and I'm going to drag her along this time, because it's just one of those movies you just can't miss.

Chronicle - 5.5/10

It had probably the best use of the found footage angle I've seen in a while, even if it is a tired gimmick. The first hour was quite a bit of fun to watch. And I'm happy they didn't go with the whole "Government has found their secret and is chasing them down" thing, that they could easily have gone with.

The problem though, is that it was extremely predictable anyways, and the final third of the movie is complete crap. I don't know how to get into it without spoilers, but I couldn't stand following that idiot Andrew around. Why are we supposed to feel anything resembling sympathy for the guy?

Archived