The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate The Last Movie You Saw

marleau_12

The Grey: 7/10 - Decent man vs. nature flick with a great ending. It takes itself way more seriously than I thought it would. It works.

Shivers: 8/10 - Cronenberg's first film. It's like a mix of Dawn of the Dead, Alien and Videodrome. Lots of WTF moments. It may be from 1975 but this movie has stuff you've never seen anywhere else.

12 Angry Men (original): 9/10 - Fantastic 1957 film which doesn't feel dated at all. You feel like you're in that jury room with them.

The Hunger Games: 6/10

Before the games started it was good, but in the forest it fell flat, and I felt like the plot was pretty bland

Drive: 8/10

Loved it, Great soundtrack, tense, really great acting, remember it's not all about dialogue look at the body language and the eyes tell a lot in this movie

Best Exotic Marigold Hotel: 8.5-9/10 I really thought it was fantastic. Great cast, great location, had its funny moments...overall a very charming movie.

One for The Money: 3/10 (did I really just watch this?)

The Hunger Games: 6.5-7/10 (As an HG fan I was a little let down at some of the details they missed. As a movie, it was alright, as a book adaptation...well, always room for improvement)

Wrath of the Titans: 2/10 (I SNORTED for the first time in a movie at the stupidity on screen. Really...Liam Neeson, why?)

Mission Impossible 4 - 8.5/10

The best in the series, though I know that doesn't exactly say much. The crazy Bond type villain is still there, but that's what makes the movie so much fun. There's no shortage of memorable action scenes. And Tom Cruise was back to being Tom Cruise, though the whole team was awesome.

I haven't seen John Carter myself yet, but it's odd seeing Andrew Stanton's first attempt at a live action film end up with as poor a reception as it did when Brad Bird got close to universal acclaim.

Mission Impossible 4 - 8.5/10

The best in the series, though I know that doesn't exactly say much. The crazy Bond type villain is still there, but that's what makes the movie so much fun. There's no shortage of memorable action scenes. And Tom Cruise was back to being Tom Cruise, though the whole team was awesome.

I haven't seen John Carter myself yet, but it's odd seeing Andrew Stanton's first attempt at a live action film end up with as poor a reception as it did when Brad Bird got close to universal acclaim.

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. 9/10

Last movie I remember seeing in theaters. Never read the books, but I'm keen on looking into them now.

It was well acted, suspenseful and worth every cent of the ticket. Great movie to end off the year.

War (2007) Jet Li, Jason Statham. 7/10

Watched this again just this Sunday night. Suited what I wanted, a decent action flick that I could wind-down to. If you were surprised by the ending you probably weren't paying much attention to the plot, but it is what it is. Jet Li and Jason Statham. I love em' both so thought it was pretty good.

As the writer and director of my favorite animated movie of all time (The Incredibles), Bird has a long leash with me.

In MI-4, he took a tired series with a nearly insufferable main actor, and made a movie good enough for you to give it an 8.5. Not nearly as good as his last movie with a little rat in the lead, but still a great job.

Wrath of the Titans: 7.5/10

Not really my kind of movie, but I liked it all the same. I didn't see the first one, so I can't really compare the two

Archived