The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kevin Bieksa you are really...

Zigmund.Palffy

I respect all he's done for the organization, and he'll always be one of my favourite character guys, but he's just getting in the way of the younger guys at this point. His defensive game has never been strong, and he brings virtually no offence anymore.

I wonder if he would accept a trade to Toronto - near his hometown, and in desperate need of leadership in the dressing room.

He was a Wings/Bruins fan growing up, not sure Toronto especially in rebuild mode is appealing to him.

I love the guy but he really misplayed that first goal. D-man's job is to let the goalie take the shooter and you take the player with out the puck. The Flames player had the puck on his backhand and the backchecker was all over him yet Bieksa just stayed where he was and the pass went right through him

all of you don't realize how good he was the past couple of games. Which is maybe a good thing because he does the little things that go unnoticed and you blame him for every single thing you can point to him for. Is he a 1st line Dman? of course not, he's a veteran and understands where he's being played and why. He's a true vet and his importance to this team is huge.

Lol did you watch the series? He was horrible

RE: Understand. KB3 is the.......

Swagger and character alone do not guarantee victory. On the other hand, Speed, Alertness, Agility, Strength and smart play DO! Bieksa is weak in most of these critical areas. Don't forget he only ever had two good years, his first (that got him his initial contract) and then the one season just before his big contract extension. All the other years were mediocre to outright embarrassing!

Well after that disgusting loss to Calgary tonight. It's pretty obvious what I and thousands of other have been saying for the last several years in this epic post - that Bieksa is a liability to this team along with Hamuseless. They are too old, slow and below average to even play in Utica and I hope this is the last post I ever to make on these two liabilities because I'm sure Jim Benning will ship one or both off to Florida or Toronto in the off season or simply buy them out. Bieksa is a freeloader. Always was - always will be! His time is up - enough said!

It always makes me laugh when someone takes something that happened in 2015 and believe it validates something stupid that was said in 2010.

Remember 2011 when Bieksa and "Hamuseless" were the top shut down pairing in the entire NHL?

I love the guy but he really misplayed that first goal. D-man's job is to let the goalie take the shooter and you take the player with out the puck. The Flames player had the puck on his backhand and the backchecker was all over him yet Bieksa just stayed where he was and the pass went right through him

So....that's his fault and not the other four guys who left him alone to deal with the 2 on 1?

Seriously, it's time for him to move on. I would rather take a chance on a younger guy who was way more mobile even if he turns the puck over as much as Bieksa does....at least he would be quick enough to recover.

Honestly don't know why Corrado isn't a full timer over one of these plugs yet.

Are you salty or what? Come into every thread and try to attack me. Keep at it.

Seems a bit "salty" to consider that an attack, but whatever.

The gist is, I usually have something to say when someone who knows nothing about the game refers to professionals as "plugs". Been doing it here for over a decade.

The entire D looked bad. Edler had a sort of resurgence in the earlier games but faded, Tanev looked small and vulnerable, Hamhuis made bad decisions with his pinches and didn't look like Dan Hamhuis, Weber was pretty good but small, Sbisa coughed the puck up too much although he did score a goal.

Bieska was just slow and tired, he looked nothing like Bieska of the past.

Seems a bit "salty" to consider that an attack, but whatever.

The gist is, I usually have something to say when someone who knows nothing about the game refers to professionals as "plugs". Been doing it here for over a decade.

How can you not refer to players as plugs when they can't hold a 3-0 lead in an elimination game? If you watched the game our defence looked worse than Edmonton's with the back doors they were leaving wide open.

How can you not refer to players as plugs when they can't hold a 3-0 lead in an elimination game? If you watched the game our defence looked worse than Edmonton's with the back doors they were leaving wide open.

So you believe Corrado was the missing link? The answer to all that went wrong?

Bieksa was good when he made up for his lack of ability to play defense with his ability to put points on the board and lead a breakout and a rush. Now he doesn't score and is just a defensive liability with only his good locker room qualities to make up for his lack of ability to play hockey.

I hope Benning doesn't get too attached to his "glue guys" like Bieksa and Higgins.

Doesn't really matter though, Canucks will be mediocre to bad for the next 5 years until our group of prospects become NHL ready and Bieksa will be retired as a Canuck and rightly so

Archived