The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Vancouver Whitecaps Thread

Tenacious

Nice win by the boys.

Man are Waston and Pa towers of power in the middle. Waston especially I think pretty well got his head on every ball in the box.

Tiebert and Laba dominated the midfield and Morales finally looked like his old self.

Ousted barely worked up a sweat.

Damn, sounds like I missed a heckuva game.

I was somewhat surprised to see near the end of the match, a graphic that showed possession for the 'Caps at less than 60%. It certainly looked to me as though the absolutely dominated time of possession. This would be borne out by the shots (18-6 Vancouver) and shots on target, which were 9-1.

The Whitecaps were pulling out wins up to this point, but they were clearly the better side last night and could easily have scored a couple more.

I was somewhat surprised to see near the end of the match, a graphic that showed possession for the 'Caps at less than 60%. It certainly looked to me as though the absolutely dominated time of possession. This would be borne out by the shots (18-6 Vancouver) and shots on target, which were 9-1.

The Whitecaps were pulling out wins up to this point, but they were clearly the better side last night and could easily have scored a couple more.

That's because LA would get the ball, but lose it by the time they were in the Caps end. I gotta say I'd still love it if Robbie Keane played for us.

That's because LA would get the ball, but lose it by the time they were in the Caps end. I gotta say I'd still love it if Robbie Keane played for us.

Yeah. That play in the box when he controlled the ball in the air for three touches shows the skill level he has.

Any idea how they calculate time of possession? Is it how long the ball is in each side's half? Or do they have a guy with a stopwatch trying to keep track of who has the ball?

Great performance. Almost dominant against a top team - hope they can keep this effort consistent.

It was a nice win. But LA, thus far, doesn't seem to be the LA of seasons past. Their record this year is 1-2-2. They have a way to go before they can be called a top team.

But it was still nice to beat 'em.

5 goals in 6 games now for Rivero. This guy won't be in the MLS long, I don't think...

Like Shaky said, it sucks having to worry about your players being too good. I hope if he keeps scoring he's at least here until the end of the season.