The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

I just came across this video, by a 'YVR Bhoy'. I'm guessing that's nobody on here? :lol: Probably the best fan video I've seen. I don't know how he managed to hold the camera straight.

It's the CL qualifiers draw tomorrow so I'm getting excited for the new season.

Edited by Scottish⑦Canuck

Is Mexico going to be investigated for match fixing and getting paid off to crap the bed?

They are nowhere near as bad as they played against Chile. When Brazil got hammered by Germany they were simply outclassed.

Mexico talent wise is not a big step down from Chile at all. I am surprised more people don't talk about soccer being rigged with that match instead of bashing the NBA for wanting a game 7 tonight.

On 6/17/2016 at 2:58 PM, Bizarre said:

The handful of sweater alone should have been a penalty. 

Italy is painful to watch to be honest. 

Speaking of sweaters, what are those Swiss kits made of? Paper?

Edited by RUPERTKBD
  • Upvote 2

that was a frustrating game to watch. few runs toward the end that had rooney just handing over the ball. i figure he was trying to draw a penalty or free kick or whatever, but when it isn't even coming close to working that stuff sure is annoying. 

22 hours ago, GLASSJAW said:

that was a frustrating game to watch. few runs toward the end that had rooney just handing over the ball. i figure he was trying to draw a penalty or free kick or whatever, but when it isn't even coming close to working that stuff sure is annoying. 

I'm picking the right matches.  Watched Wales.  Now watching Spain Croatia.  Was hoping to watch riots and flares go off, but I've been pleasantly treated with a very fun match.

59 minutes ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

I'm picking the right matches.  Watched Wales.  Now watching Spain Croatia.  Was hoping to watch riots and flares go off, but I've been pleasantly treated with a very fun match.

Really disappointed that I can't watch this one. Looking at the schedule a few days ago, this one looked like one of the best matches so far....sounds like I was right.

Looking at tomorrow's match ups, the best thing is that I have clear cut teams to cheer for (and against) Lets go Ireland, Belgium and Hungary! (Don't really care who wins between Austria and Iceland, as long as it isn't a draw)

I have 4 tickets to the Semi Final in Stade Velodrome Marseille on July 7th. Category 1 Row 22.. Amongst the best seats in the house. 

Can't go so I gotta sell them. Any ideas?? Listed them on Viagogo just now. Anything better ? thx in advance for any responses...

Wow, awesome game by the Croats. Hard to cheer against a team that works that freakishly hard.

I can't believe the brutal penalty call. Good thing the wrong guy took the kick. 

Croatia fan section looked like a huge breakfast table. That funky Spanish kit looking quite a bit like my kids shirt after too much hot dog mustard and ketchup spillage.

Go Croatia.

4 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

Wow, awesome game by the Croats. Hard to cheer against a team that works that freakishly hard.

I can't believe the brutal penalty call. Good thing the wrong guy took the kick. 

Croatia fan section looked like a huge breakfast table. That funky Spanish kit looking quite a bit like my kids shirt after too much hot dog mustard and ketchup spillage.

Go Croatia.

It was quite an impressive attempt.  Usually that idiot just skies the ball every time it touches his feet.

28 minutes ago, b3. said:

Portugal is gonna be toast quickly here, maybe 2020 will be better for us...

Iceland is up 1:0, Austria just Ronaldo'd a penalty.

EDIT:

Nani... :excl:

How is Iceland doing this...population 325,000 ..pretty small country and talent pool..dont want to hear about Canadas small talent pool anymore..