The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

1 minute ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

That's no fun as a narrative. 

They probably don't even practice penalties with Manchester United. They practice their team play. I'm a die hard Man U fan. It's Zlatan time. Arsenal are no longer gonna be top of standings

1 minute ago, Beary Sweet said:

They probably don't even practice penalties with Manchester United. They practice their team play. I'm a die hard Man U fan. It's Zlatan time. Arsenal are no longer gonna be top of standings

We haven't since 04.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Scottish⑦Canuck said:

Simone Zaza wtf :lol:

I was thinking the same thing about Muller. It didn't even look like he was trying.:wacko:

Anyway, the important thing is that Italy are out. Now if Wales can just knock off the Portuguese....

I hope Ventura is half as decent as Conte.

It takes a special manager to get Giaccherini, Parolo, and Sturaro to go head-to-head and match up nicely against Kroos, Ozil, Khedira/Schwein et al.

Germany has my support, I guess.

For a team that was missing 5 starters to take the world champions to penalties how can you not be happy and proud? While the result was obviously the opposite of what I wanted, this tournament restored my faith in Italian Football. 

I really feel for guys like Giaccherini, the guy would die for the shirt. He may not have the class and yes his touch may let him down sometimes(like it did today) I would take him on my team anyday. Its a shame he will not be on the WC team as he is a bulldog on the pitch. 

I hope that those that did not make the team or future members of the Azzurri, look at this team for inspiration as this is exactly how a national team should play. For each other, for the fans, for the shirt.

No words needed

Edited by ReggieBush
  • Upvote 3