The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

10 hours ago, ReggieBush said:

Am I the only one that doesn't buy the Manchester hype heading into this season? Lukkaku is a good buy, but their defense is talented but inconsistent. City is a better team attacking wise than United, but their defensive talisman is made of glass. That would scare me if I was a supporter of either one of those teams.

Conte will destroy them both really. Italian coaches always find a way to win the EPL...  -_-

4 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

These tough words and strongman tactics are quite impressive if they can stand up to the top two best clubs on the planet in Real Madrid and Barcelona.

Coutinho and Dembele to replace Neymar is pretty decent.

Mbappe,Neymar, Sanchez, Cavani, Di Maria, Veratti, Matuidi, Fabinho...

Oblak potentially would be able to vault PSG to world famous status if they were not already by getting a super star like Neymar.

The Sheikh is flexing his muscle.

The new Messi says hi...

@Lateralus91 I hope Dembele doesn't ditch Dortmund for Barca. After seeing them reject €100 million, I think it's a smart and wise decision to reject the offer. He's so young and showed his potential to be a world class talent last season. Scored numerous clutch goals for the club throughout the year and he's going to just as good if not better this season. Lots to like about the wunderkid

On 10/08/2017 at 5:44 AM, ReggieBush said:

Am I the only one that doesn't buy the Manchester hype heading into this season? Lukkaku is a good buy, but their defense is talented but inconsistent. City is a better team attacking wise than United, but their defensive talisman is made of glass. That would scare me if I was a supporter of either one of those teams.

Nope you are not alone... But, they are improved with Matic in the middle.

Whether they can compete remains to be seen. But the ace is Mourinho... and He will make Utd challenge either this year or next.

On 10/08/2017 at 10:14 PM, Lateralus91 said:

I'm aware of that. I don't give a flying f.

Following a club is not about success for me. I grew up with this club. My father grew up with this club. My friends are supporters of this club. The idea of a club just being worth following if it is successful... that's something I can't understand. If I choose a club, it is for life. Not for as long as it is successful. The club is linked to the history of the city of Dortmund and the people who live in it.

I don't know how it is exciting to follow a club that is owned by a sheikh who doesn't care about human rights, the city nor the fans of his club and just wants to make money off of it or be his little toy to play around with cause he doesn't know what to do with all of his money.

To each his own, I guess.

You chose a club for life ... follow come rain or shine. Why else would we be Canucks fans...

PSG agree Mbappe deal as dream £370m partnership nears

Date published: Friday 11th August 2017 11:53

Paris Saint-Germain are on the verge of making Kylian Mbappe the second most expensive player of all time, as they edge closer to a £168million deal – taking their overall spending this month to near £370million.

Spanish journal Marca and their French counterparts L’Equipe are reporting that the deal is done, with both clubs exchanging documentation to finalise the signing, before an announcement can be made.

It is understood that Mbappe will earn £200,000-a-week, which will give the Frenchman an annual salary close to £11million.

For much of the summer the 18-year-old has been linked heavily with a move to Real Madrid, but Marca believe Mbappe’s father had a big say in his son choosing to remain in his home nation.

Having spent £198million on Brazil star Neymar only last week, the touted fee for Mbappe would mean that PSG would have the most expensive forward partnership ever, and one that is sure to terrify many defences.

The question around financial fair play and the French club is sure to be put back into the spotlight, however, having only made £15million in player sales so far.

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/psg-close-on-striker-as-dream-370m-partnership-nears

I've always liked Barca, but there seems to be a pattern with players they want to have and their clubs if they don't want to sell. Veratti, Coutinho and Dembélé all on strike and/or going to the press is no coincidence.

Funny after the comments from Barca's boss after the Neymar transfer. I hope they get none of the desired players. I would even consider selling Dembélé to Real for 20m € less at this point, just to p*ss Barca off.

34 minutes ago, Lateralus91 said:

I've always liked Barca, but there seems to be a pattern with players they want to have and their clubs if they don't want to sell. Veratti, Coutinho and Dembélé all on strike and/or going to the press is no coincidence.

Funny after the comments from Barca's boss after the Neymar transfer. I hope they get none of the desired players. I would even consider selling Dembélé to Real for 20m € less at this point, just to p*ss Barca off.

Transfer request/Strike/refuse to play...Agents answer to everything...

And of course he wants to go to Barca...

On 2017-08-09 at 10:44 PM, ReggieBush said:

pls. don't talk about vinny.:unsure:

Everything is fine.

I don't really care about preseason prognosticating.

All I ever feel (for any team I support.) is this is going to be the year. Every year. Some how this team is going to pull off this season and win. Even if logically I have no idea how, sports is magic and something will happen.

• Upvote 2

On 10/08/2017 at 2:14 PM, Lateralus91 said:

I'm aware of that. I don't give a flying f.

Following a club is not about success for me. I grew up with this club. My father grew up with this club. My friends are supporters of this club. The idea of a club just being worth following if it is successful... that's something I can't understand. If I choose a club, it is for life. Not for as long as it is successful. The club is linked to the history of the city of Dortmund and the people who live in it.

I don't know how it is exciting to follow a club that is owned by a sheikh who doesn't care about human rights, the city nor the fans of his club and just wants to make money off of it or be his little toy to play around with cause he doesn't know what to do with all of his money.

To each his own, I guess.

Fair play. I just want to see good entertainment and some goals.

I get enough emotionally drained  following the Canucks and Eagles.

• Upvote 1