The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

30 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Just backfrom the game. Utd deserved winner 2-0... good game although would have liked them to be more clinical. Lukaku can’t buy a goal just now....

54E94194-5A24-4B8A-B7E9-F664D57A148A.jpeg

Hope you enjoyed it.

Gutted at the Celtic result. I know Bayern were a bit under strength but I thought we were well worthy of at least a point. Stupid mistakes cost us again.

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Scottish⑦Canuck said:

Hope you enjoyed it.

Gutted at the Celtic result. I know Bayern were a bit under strength but I thought we were well worthy of at least a point. Stupid mistakes cost us again.

Cheers Bud. Yip great game...

Aye you lot were unlucky not to pull it out the bag against Bayern. Would have been a good result and almost guaranteed your participation in the Euro league afterwards. Just saw the highlights and you you were really unlucky. Celtic Park was bouncing last night again.... as usual. 

Your group were always going to be an uphill struggle. Think it was one of the two toughest groups.... 

Edited by spook007

On 10/31/2017 at 3:46 PM, spook007 said:

Just back from the game. Utd deserved winner 2-0... good game although would have liked them to be more clinical. Lukaku can’t buy a goal just now....

54E94194-5A24-4B8A-B7E9-F664D57A148A.jpeg

Wow awesome view to watch the match. Nice to see them come out on top. Playing well on both major comps with us going all in. We are cruising through our group so far. Half way through the group stage matches, I have to say we are playing very well. How did they do vs Benfica? I was going to watch some of the match since I had a night shift that day but instead they showed Bayern vs Celtic on my cable box. I haven't caught them play for quite some time since I've gotten a job. Then I'll probably miss Sunday's rivalry match vs Chelsea with me working also lol.. hope they continue to make us proud!

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Beary Sweet said:

Wow awesome view to watch the match. Nice to see them come out on top. Playing well on both major comps with us going all in. We are cruising through our group so far. Half way through the group stage matches, I have to say we are playing very well. How did they do vs Benfica? I was going to watch some of the match since I had a night shift that day but instead they showed Bayern vs Celtic on my cable box. I haven't caught them play for quite some time since I've gotten a job. Then I'll probably miss Sunday's rivalry match vs Chelsea with me working also lol.. hope they continue to make us proud!

Yes it was good seats.

We played ok and deserved the win. Bar for a couple of good saves from De Gea they did not have much to deal with. Martial was electric and Rashford took over after him. The Benfica right back will have nightmares for weeks about the pace of them both.

The big one is at Stamford Bridge next Sunday... The out come of that one together with the Arsenal-City could have great bearing on where the championship will head to.

City in the driving seat just now, but a bit like Canucks, United are still building a new team up. Don't think we'll win the league this year (though I'm still hoping),but we are getting better, and that is the most important thing...improvement. Here's to a great game Sunday...

PS. Congrats on you new job :)

On another note: the Dortmund - Bayern match last weekend reminded me a lot of the aforementioned stereotypical Premier League matches. Both teams were awfully unorganised defensively and goal scoring opportunities developed mostly from opponent's mistakes instead of a structured build-up. Where in the past you could see tactical masterclass in Pep vs. Klopp or Pep vs. Tuchel, there was nothing of the sort on Saturday. I hope that changes fast or the tactical superiority of the Bundesliga over the Premier League will be over sooner than I expected.

The 2nd greatest footballing nation in the world is on the verge of not making the World Cup. I am at a complete and utter loss for words. We better get our **** together. No motivation, no creativity, no emotion. Is this really how you want Gigi to go out? His last appearance in an Italy kit is in a Playoff leg lost? Find something on monday for the love of god

1 hour ago, ReggieBush said:

The 2nd greatest footballing nation in the world is on the verge of not making the World Cup. I am at a complete and utter loss for words. We better get our **** together. No motivation, no creativity, no emotion. Is this really how you want Gigi to go out? His last appearance in an Italy kit is in a Playoff leg lost? Find something on monday for the love of god

Even though Germany routinely sucks ass against Italy, I don't want Gigi's career to end like this, I have too much respect for him.

Has to be up there with the game against New Zealand for worst ever Italy performance.

At least the games I have seen.

Conte - Took Germany to penalties and nearly won with Sturaro, Giaccherini, and Parolo as his midfield

Ventura - Can't get anything going against Sweden with arguably his best XI at his disposal.