The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

Excited to watch United make its return to Europe's best trophy to win, the Champs League. I trust Mourinho and the team he puts out on the field match in and match out. He has the ability to win multiple trophies in consecutive years in his 1st couple years. Fell flat last PL match but hopefully he gets the team back to where it belongs and it's begun already haha

• Upvote 1

Clutch win to open up the C/L group stages. Of course, plenty of work left to be done but they got the job done to get the group up and running. Pogba sadly had to be subbed off with a hamstring injury and I haven't watched the past few matches since I was on vacation in Calgary (Great place btw, I recommend you should all visit the beautiful province) but he was wearing the captain's armband. His replacement, Fellaini, came up huge with a opener well before the half to put the Red Devils. Nice cross from Young and great switch from Matic to find Young and found Fellaini with the free header. Then Blind set Lukaku up with a header of his own to give United some breathing room. Rashford finished Fellaini nice ground pass to finish Basel off. Fellaini was MOTM easily. Came off the bench and instantly became the spark plug Utd needed. Plus got a goal and a assist. 1st win of a magical Champs League run hopefully. Glory Glory Man United!

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, UnkNuk said:

You mean you didn't have a nagging doubt in your mind at the start of the game: "Yes, I know it's Bournemouth, but......"?

Right about next Sunday.

With no international break, maybe.  Perhaps even if Bournemouth had been having a stellar start to the season.

But so much was made of the Liverpool loss that anything other than a win would have been madness beyond belief so I expected the bounce back confidently.

9 hours ago, Scottish⑦Canuck said:

I'd say that was embarrassing but it's probably just a sad reflection of the fact that money rules football.

PSG were scarily good.

It was always a possibility of a hiding. PSG out to make a statement.... and they sure did. Looked deadly up front. On this form they'll take some stopping.

Unfortunately with the bloke who ran on to the pitch... It wasn't you now, was it? Be honest....

On 9/13/2017 at 8:00 AM, spook007 said:

It was always a possibility of a hiding. PSG out to make a statement.... and they sure did. Looked deadly up front. On this form they'll take some stopping.

Unfortunately with the bloke who ran on to the pitch... It wasn't you now, was it? Be honest....

What a moron he was. There's a real danger of further punishment because of that muppet. I believe he received a punch or two leaving the stadium for his stupidity.

Realistically third place is the target.

1 hour ago, Scottish⑦Canuck said:

What a moron he was. There's a real danger of further punishment because of that muppet. I believe he received a punch or two leaving the stadium for his stupidity.

Realistically third place is the target.

Should have had his ass handed to him... total moron. And Celtic will guaranteed get hammered for this...

Yeah to be honest that was always going to be your target. Tough group... PSG are the new galacticos...

I tune in late in the match with about a quarter of an hour left and Utd caught fire. Mkhitaryan, Lukaku and now Martial who seal the deal. Great awareness by Fellaini who blocks the clearance right to his countryman Lukaku who was able to put a gorgeous pass for Mickey who slotted home beautifully.  Lukaku took a free kick that took a deflection off the wall that ends up in Matic's feet who's shot was deflected also but right into the feet of Lukaku who finished quite easily. He's been in stunning form. Then Martial comes on late and created a penalty that he took and found the net easily. The team continues to fire on all cylinders and hopefully Utd can keep it going! 

Edited by Beary Sweet

No way a team from Manchester isn't winning this year, but then again if Tottenham can figure out to play at wembley they could challenge too, and so could Chelsea, and who knows if Liverpool ever gets their defence sorted out they can be as dangerous as anyone. and we can't forget about the mighty Burnley.

What a league, race for the top 4 should be awesome this year.

Good luck to Diego with Atleti, no hard feelings whatsoever. I am glad that he is able to go back to a place that he loves and I am glad that they got a good price for him considering the circumstances. I would have loved to have kept him especially with his chemistry with Hazard. His physicality and his grit also made him an ideal No. 9 for English football. Now that he is older his control issues on the pitch have also gotten much better. Will root for him in La Liga.

4-0 Chelsea, Morata with the hattrick, now has 6 goals in just as many appearances. I was apprehensive with the buy but he is proving himself to be clinical. The games that he hasn't scored have been ones where the service has been lacking. Now that Hazard is getting back into game shape, he should be able to play 90min so the service will get better.

Palace have lost all 6 games they have played and are yet to score a goal. Shocking start to their season.

Edited by Toews
  • Upvote 1