The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Marko Sturm = The Next Uwe Krupp?

ThaManbeast

I agree, I was confused at the signing but Sturm has been fantastic. He brings out the best in Cody, maybe he could do what Sundin did for Kesler, in maturing him. I can see Sturm scoring 40 goals along side Kesler, maybe even 50 with the Sedins.

He's also a veteran, I believe he will step it up in the playoffs. We need a game-breaker, and that is him. Re-signing him this off-season is a must. And that is why MG is GM, he finds bargains.

Sturm definitely looks like the real deal. Sure the injury bug has hurted his last few seasons, but he is coming back with a force. Lets hope when Kesler comes back, we will have that secondary scoring that we are missing.

One more piece to our puzzle, the next is probably solidifying our 4th line. IMO, Volpatti isn't the answer. Expect a Trade Deadline deal for a solid 3rd liner from another team to fill in a 4th line role.

I agree with many of the comments made: Marco Sturm is exceeding expectations, and at this point, is by far our most valuable player. He does all the little things that win you hockey games, and all the big things that make you a star. Great ready, folks, because 2012 is not the year of the Dragon. It's now set to be the year of the Sturm.

Sturm totally worked very hard in the defensive zone so he is only -2 over 3 games. If it wasn't for him that line would totally and easily had been -20 already. I only wish his linemates would totally follow his example and play some solid defensive hockey. Learn from the veteran he totally knows what he is doing.

its pretty easy to bash a player after 3 games even its in a brutal sarcastic way

well i havent seen the game but if it was a brutal one..then its a fact

i dont know what do you guys except from sturm... 50-60 points?

this guy can be glad if he has 25-30 points at the ende of the season

i know cdc allways need a scapegoat

if he hasn´t produced anything after 20 games ...you guys could came back with your awesome sarcasm..but not after 3 games

we played against 2 "cup contending" teams from the east and one mediocre team from the west

i think its to early to bash anyone

i dont care about tons of minuses for this

ahve a good night buddies

its pretty easy to bash a player after 3 games even its in a brutal sarcastic way

well i havent seen the game but if it was a brutal one..then its a fact

i dont know what do you guys except from sturm... 50-60 points?

this guy can be glad if he has 25-30 points at the ende of the season

i know cdc allways need a scapegoat

if he hasn´t produced anything after 20 games ...you guys could came back with your awesome sarcasm..but not after 3 games

we played against 2 "cup contending" teams from the east and one maediocre team from the west

i think its to early to bash anyone

i dont care about tons of minuses for this

ahve a good night buddies

Archived