The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

canuckster19

I'm fairly sure they're perfectly fine without him. I've just never been a fan of the guy.

As for Raw tonight, yes it was the greatest episode in a while. We all know the fans were great, Lesnar's return was cumtastic, Daniel Bryan is the man, etc. But holy sh*t was Lord Tensai a waste of time. The crowd was dead, and no one really cares that A-Train is back. They were more excited to be chanting "Daniel Bryan!"

I like where they can go with the Punk/Jericho angle. I'm sure WWE will screw it up as usual, but as of now the possibilities are many and entertaining.

I was pretty shocked when Jericho smashed the bottle over Punk. Think they should really run with an angle of CM Punk becoming a drinker and having it cause huge problems for him, then having Jericho try to save him because Jericho feels bad. Which would totally play into Jericho's ego role and the whole save us gimmick , ending with Jericho screwing him over or something.

Yeah that crowd was pretty wild and made RAW so much more enjoyable to watch.

For those waiting to see HBK/Undertaker, it going to be a long time I think til either one is back.

I had very little interest in the Lord Tensai debut.

Nice to see ADR back finally.

Things just went bad to worse for John Cena. I actually give WWE kudos for having Cena lose at WrestleMania, I did not think they had it in them. Will be very interested to see where this goes with Brock Lesnar and how he reacts.

If The Rock does intend to wrestle at next years WrestleMania I think it will be him and Brock Lesnar for the championship but alot can happen in a year.

You're confusing your dislike for his persona against what he actually provides. Back in 02/03 I hated The Rock. I cheered against him no matter who he was up against. But even then I knew wrestling wouldn't be better off without the guy. The WWE needs guys that ooze charisma like them.

In the last couple of years they had guys like Swagger, Ziggler, and Sheamus competing for and even winning the major titles well before they were ready. That's only because there was no one else there that could do it. The WWE was in a sorry state until recently and will do well to hold onto guys like Jericho as long as they can while trying their best to get whatever they can out of them.

Though after this Raw, I haven't been more convinced that wrestling is finally back to where it should be. This was better then Wrestlemania itself.

This was in no short part due to the crowd. You can't overstate how awesome they were today. That was even better then a Chicago, New York, or Canadian city level of good. And the wrestlers fed off it.

Putting aside The Rock, Punk, Cena and Lesnar's reactions, they were really into everything that was happening. Cody Rhodes drew something of a pop from them (it was at the very least a very loud cheer). They started booing when Eve's music hit. I mean seriously, when's the last time a Diva drew any kind of reaction, let alone a chant against her? Hell, they even cheered for Alex Reilly. When they introduced him after his off-screen entrance, you could actually hear the crowd backing him, lol.

I really hope this "Yes! Yes! Yes!" becomes the new "What?". It's obvious the crowd loves Bryan, and I think I do to, lol. When Del Rio came out and the chant turned into "Si! Si! Si!" I couldn't stop laughing my ass off.

I'm also really happy Jericho's not gone yet, but I really hope they're not turning the rivalry between him and Punk into an anti-drinking PSA. I don't mind the whole "dark road" angle, but yeah, no PSA. Don't know if they're going to even continue going at it in a straight forward fashion.

Everything is kinda up in the air, and I think it'll be interesting to see where the chips fall. Especially with Lesnar. The fans got what they wanted. "Holy crap!" indeed.

I was thinking this might be exactly what is wrong with the WWE right now, the crowds filled with kids and chicks who do nothing more than cheer for Cena and Orton and give a crap about anything else.

If the WWE could fill their arenas with teen-middle aged men every Raw and PPV like Miami last night, Chicago MITB, I think the product would be a lot better. Unfortunately spring break doesn't happen in Omaha, or Minneapolis.

I like where they can go with the Punk/Jericho angle. I'm sure WWE will screw it up as usual, but as of now the possibilities are many and entertaining.

I was pretty shocked when Jericho smashed the bottle over Punk. Think they should really run with an angle of CM Punk becoming a drinker and having it cause huge problems for him, then having Jericho try to save him because Jericho feels bad. Which would totally play into Jericho's ego role and the whole save us gimmick , ending with Jericho screwing him over or something.

He probably isn't considering the real life fact he has never drank, or at least that's what he says.

Either way I think WWE is on the verge of something that could be really good. I watched a full episode of RAW last night for the first time in years, and was extremely entertained. Lets just hope the WWE doesn't screw it all up like usual.

Just watched Raw and WOW, the crowd was amazing. They ERUPTED when Lesnar came out. I don't even remember the last time I saw a crowd like that. Cena couldn't even keep the smile off his face, but can you blame him? They should of tried keeping Lesnar a secret though, would of been way better

but......for those of you that care, supposedly Batista has been seen with some WWE representatives

Just watched Raw and WOW, the crowd was amazing. They ERUPTED when Lesnar came out. I don't even remember the last time I saw a crowd like that. Cena couldn't even keep the smile off his face, but can you blame him? They should of tried keeping Lesnar a secret though, would of been way better

but......for those of you that care, supposedly Batista has been seen with some WWE representatives

Just finished watching Raw finally...god I wish they could all be like that. Been a while (and I'm thinking around 2001 or 2002) since I've watched a full Raw where the crowd was loud and vocal all night. Even during Lord Tensai, which I don't blame people for staring blankly at, people were still busting out "Daniel Bryan!" chants. If "What?!" gets replaced with "YES! YES! YES!" I'll breathe a sigh of relief for a bit because it will at least be refreshing.

The love Daniel Bryan got from the crowd, no doubt for mistreating him (and Sheamus) to a crappy 18 second match while a celebrity interviewer got a longer match is an injustice forsure. Glad he got some respect from the crowd!

Their chanting during the CM Punk vs. Mark Henry match was great, and they showed huge support for Dolph Ziggler during his match as well. Cena seemed a little flustered during his promo, but if he was stalling for Lesnar that is understandable. Great to see Brock back though, never thought I'd see the day when he left, especially after he gave the MSG crowd the double bird after all the abuse they gave him.

Hope Lesnar can get a couple of good matches in with talent he hasn't fought yet (Sheamus comes to mind) and can have a couple of matches with old foes (Cena, Undertaker etc.). Hope he stays healthy as well, as he did have that ongoing intestinal issue come up a couple times during his last few years with UFC.

Archived