The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ride The Schneid

Mackcanuck

I don't think that it is fair to say that Schneider is our #1 goalie now.....what do you base that on?

If you are talking about him playing this series, then I agree. Schneider has beaten LA even though they put a lot of shots at him.....Luo has not beaten LA. So putting Luongo back in would just give LA confidence to finish what they started whereas putting Schneider in is a whole new ballgame and gets in LA players heads just like Thomas did to the Canucks.

During the next round, it may be Luongo who saves the day.

We have two really good goalies, lets use them both in the most effective way and win the Cup this time. This is the playoffs so just forget the politics of Luo's contract, Schneiders FA or who should be traded in the offseason....lets just win the damn Cup!

It's Schneider's job to lose. He's put up great stats this season, and though it's hard to fault Luongo for Game 1 or 2, Schneider has now outplayed him in the playoffs. He's the starter from now on, and Canucks management is going to have to do a lot of maneuvering this off-season to keep him.

Ride the Schneid!

Schneiderman, Schneiderman.

Kicks out tap-ins with his pads.

Is he fast? Listen bud.

What should be snipes end up in his glove!

Look oouuuuuuut...here comes the Schneidermaaaaaan!!!

While I agree, that Schneider is our best option going forward in this series, I hope you realize the implication of playing our back-up over our number 1. At the same price I would take Luongo over Scneider, at this point, any day.

I hope we don't lose Lu :( . I don't want to go back to goalie graveyard days. I really don't.

i agree play Schneider til he have a bad game and then switch.. and if Luongo have a bad game back to Schneider and so on assuming we stay alive some how.. with that being said.. all those retards that's saying we are losing coz of Luongo, he's terrible, we need to dump him etc etc etc.. I hope Luongo doesn't waive his NTC and sit at the bench to eat up the cap and force the management to eat the contract or force Schneider to be traded and then waive his NTC and demand a trade. The way we treat our players in this city we deserve neither Luongo or Schneider.. i'll always cheer for them both, but you all know in a few years most will treat Schneider like crap too.. Come on.. which player other than Linden we haven't flamed on?

For all the people still thinking about trading Luongo and any associated conversations, CapGeek tweeted this today:

Lots of questions about Roberto Luongo's NTC. He has a full NTC but it does have a few stipulations. #NHL #Canucks

Most pertinent Luongo NTC stipulation is that after final 2013-14 game, he can supply five-team trade list valid through July 15, 2014.

Note that's *trade list*, not *no-trade list* ...

For all the people still thinking about trading Luongo and any associated conversations, CapGeek tweeted this today:

This effective matches the initially reported 5 year clause for Roberto, along with the 7 year clause for us (which would likely be the same idea, but with no team restrictions). It appears this actually takes effect the summer before his 5th year starts, so the 7th would do so as well.

It is keeping a proven goalie. Calgary would never dream of getting rid of kipper. Because without him, the Flames are Columbus. A good understanding to have. Luongo is just as good as Kipper. I think keeping a great proven goalie just to keep a great proven goalie is a great strategy.

As for Iginla and Calgary management, they

both share a mutual loyalty. The kind you want with your star player.

Archived