The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Assuming Nail Yakupov Goes No. 1, Who Will Be Drafted Second Overall?

Assuming Nail Yakupov goes No. 1, who will be drafted second overall?  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

They need a ready to play now D man, not in 2-3 years.

Also, you know you're D men are injured when Peckhman is in your top 4.

When healthy:

Smid - Petry

Schultz - Whitney

Sutton - Potter

Barker and Peckham were 7/8 guys.

They need a ready to play now D man, not in 2-3 years.

Also, you know you're D men are injured when Peckhman is in your top 4.

When healthy:

Smid - Petry

Schultz - Whitney

Sutton - Potter

Barker and Peckham were 7/8 guys.

I don't know if it's a slam dunk that Yakupov gets picked 1st overall. Edmonton needs defensemen more than they need another high scoring forward prospect. I remember hearing rumous that the Oilers were quite interested in Ryan Murray, so I think there's a possibility that they either draft him 1st overall, or trade down and pick him later. Tambellini has already stated that he is considering those two options, in addition to drafting Yakupov.

I think it's either Grigorenko or Murray. If Columbus keeps it, and also keeps Rick Nash, I think they'll draft Grigorenko, since they already have Jack Johnson on the blue line. A partner to him would be fantastic though, Murray would fit perfectly. Fantastic options on both sides.

Edmonton has to take Yakupov...

He's head and shoulders above the rest of the draft. You don't draft for needs you take bpa. The 1st round isn't the only chance Edmonton will have to grab a future d man prospect

I can't see any other team not taking Murray with the 2nd pick. I had to vote him. He's a tad less talented then Grigorenko, but much much much more safer. He didn't make team Canada by fluke as a 17 year old. If we somehow manage to trade for the pick they are rumoring to trade, I would be pissed if Gillis draft none other then Ryan Murray.

Archived