The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks Sharks To Make A Trade?

Sharks are absolutely STACKED on defence with guys the Canucks need:

Burns, Murray, Vandemeer, Braun etc.

We need 2 top-4 defencemen and Burns or Murray would fit the big, physical role we need, especially Murray. Sharks need to get younger and develop some prospects, we need a physical veteran defenceman.

Tanev or a 3rd rounder straight up for Murray.

Ballard and Raymond (why not) for Clowe (big, strong playmaker)

Sedin - Sedin - Booth

Clowe - Kesler - Higgins

Burrows - Lapierre - Hansen

Kassian - Malhotra - Bitz

Weise

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Murray

Salo - Alberts

Luongo

Schneider

That's a much bigger, physical forward group, a dominantly physical defence and a much sounder defensively squad.

We need 2 top-4 defencemen and Burns or Murray would fit the big, physical role we need, especially Murray. Sharks need to get younger and develop some prospects, we need a physical veteran defenceman.

Sedin - Sedin - Booth

Clowe - Kesler - Higgins

Weise

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Murray

Salo - Alberts

Luongo

Schneider

That's a much bigger, physical forward group, a dominantly physical defence and a much sounder defensively squad.

Sedin - Sedin - Booth

Clowe - Kesler - Higgins

Weise

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Murray

Salo - Alberts

Luongo

Schneider

The only trade that was going to happen today would have involved us giving a pick, not taking one.

Gillis wants guys to play NOW, not a couple years from now, so we obviously weren't trying to trade up.

Hockey trades are definitely still possible in these next rounds, as teams are focusing on specific players and positional needs.

If we had something with San Jose, then I doubt it's dead.

If we didn't, then as Bush said,"Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice, can't fool me again."

Considering how this started with a nothing post on twitter, i'm kinda surprised at the length of this thread. Nothing happened on the trade front with this team today. On account Gillis cannot take on a salary dump at this point, and he doesn't want to give up a salary either unless his team actually improves. That'll take some time. Cheers.

TOML

There's so much wrong with this post I don't even know where to start.

First-Stacked with guys we need and you mention Vandermeer and Braun?!! WTF?!!

Second-Why would SJ trade Murray for another more inexperienced, less physical defenseman?!

Third-Why would SJ trade their only big top 6 winger for a somewhat overpriced defenseman and a faltering RFA in Raymond?!

Epic fail.

Murray has lost a step by all accounts and Clowe is far superior to Raymond for when the games matter.

I hope Raymond improves, but we'll see.

I wouldn't turn Murray away if he was rebuildable, but we'll see.

I think Wilson is done with giving us good players for nothing. Cheers.

TOML

Douglas Murray would be a good upgrade at d size-wise. But why would SJ move him of all their d-men? And for anything you've mentioned here, Ballard, Raymond, Tanev? And the funniest of all - a 3rd rounder or Tanev straight up for Murray. Really? Does trading look and sound that easy to you? :lol:

Archived