The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Article] Canucks Shopped Gragnani, also News on Nash, Schneider, Parise, Luongo + tons more.

I would expect Gillis to be busy July 1st. Even with Raymond and Schneider signed he should have around 10 million to spend.

And if he plans on trading Luongo and possibly upgrading Raymond in the top 6, he could have upwards of 16 million to play with.

That's enough space to add at least two top 6 defencemen, and get a top 6 forward.

Hmm shopping Gragnani. Wonder why, he didnt seem to play that bad. In my opinion he shows some potential. I mean, he isn't going to be a Lidstrom or Neidermayer, but still I thought he was a decent depth d-man who could play a 5/6th d-man next season. Oh well, Tanev continues to progress and get better so if we don't keep Gragnani it's not the worst (although cue the 'terrible Hodgson trade' threads again....)

It's fine we shop MAG imo. He's an offensive quarterback, but I'll assume that Edler will take that spot. Tanev looks very good for his limited playtime during the season. If he learns to use the body, work on his slapper... good things shall come.

Top 6 LW??? :picard:

LW depth chart ? Danny/Burrows/Booth/Higgins/Raymond even our top prospect Jensen. Possibly 6 capable of playing on a top line 1 or line 2!

In reality our best RW is actually a 185 lb LW (Burrows) which leaves the line smallish and forces AV to shelter the Twins from any two way play. We would desperately like a big RW who deos the dirty work for the Sedins as Burrows does who can at least keeps up.

RW depth chart Hansen/Kassian (who is still a prospect, point of fact)/Weise and nobody to speak of ready on the farm. Archibald? Hopefully Bitz is signed and we can add him back into that list? Really no RW ideal (atm) for a top 2 line role.

Our biggest need is Right D, but RW is not far behind at all!

You have to chuckle a bit at all the BS flying around. Meanwhile back at the ranch Gillis is checking on the herd as he hears rustlers are out.

Gillis has been talking to multiple clubs and I assume is establishing parameters with other GM's on where he is willing to go. That in itself will create an atmosphere for potential deals. As you rightly pointed out Van's biggest need is for a top 6 left winger, preferably with size, and a right side dman, preferably with size. Combine that with a Schultz and Schneider signing and the boys deserve a round of pops.

Van's biggest trade chip is Lou but Ballard also enters the equation. Fans are quick to downgrade Ballard but his competition is Hamhuis and Edler so do opposing GM's discount him for not climbing the Van left side depth chart. I think not.

It all amounts to a busy week ahead and when moves start they could move very quickly.

Top 6 LW??? :picard:

LW depth chart ? Danny/Burrows/Booth/Higgins/Raymond even our top prospect Jensen. Possibly 6 capable of playing on a top line 1 or line 2!

In reality our best RW is actually a 185 lb LW (Burrows) which leaves the line smallish and forces AV to shelter the Twins from any two way play. We would desperately like a big RW who deos the dirty work for the Sedins as Burrows does who can at least keeps up.

RW depth chart Hansen/Kassian (who is still a prospect, point of fact)/Weise and nobody to speak of ready on the farm. Archibald? Hopefully Bitz is signed and we can add him back into that list? Really no RW ideal (atm) for a top 2 line role.

Our biggest need is Right D, but RW is not far behind at all!

Archived