The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Some fantastic games today. Was glad to see the Panthers D shut out the 49ers offense because a buddy is a 49ers fan who thinks Kaepernick is the best QB to ever step onto an NFL field, so it was nice to rub that in his face.

Rams embarassing the Colts in Indianapolis..wow! Didn't see that coming at all. Tavon Austin had his coming out party today. Wasn't it just a few days ago someone in this thread was saying how Austin hasn't shown much of the skill set that hyped in coming into the draft? Well, he showed everyone what he could do today.

Bengals Ravens was great as well. That hail mary on the last play of the game, can't believe it got tipped so beautifully to AJ Green. Why the hell would Ihedigbo push his arm upwards to tip the ball in the air? He should have swatted down on the ball. Anyways, that was a fun game to watch.

Figures I bench Sproles because I figure he's questionable to play, and he has a great game. :(

Same here, *****!

Dez Bryant is an elite receiver, yet he gets one pass today! How do the Cowboys expect to play when they don't give their best player the ball. Megatron had 17 targets today SEVENTEEN, Dez could be right there in receiving stats if his coach and QB gave him the chance to.

Don't say that he doesn't get open cuz thats bull, all the top guys get double covered and they steal passes regardless, Romo is hesitant while Stafford just slings it. Need to trust a beast to be a beast.

Edited by CanucksSayEh

Same here, *****!

Dez Bryant is an elite receiver, yet he gets one pass today! How do the Cowboys expect to play when they don't give their best player the ball. Megatron had 17 targets today SEVENTEEN, Dez could be right there in receiving stats if his coach and QB gave him the chance to.

Don't say that he doesn't get open cuz thats bull, all the top guys get double covered and they steal passes regardless, Romo is hesitant while Stafford just slings it. Need to trust a beast to be a beast.

Did you see the type of double coverage he drew today? He had two corners on him at the line of scrimmage! It looked like the Cowboys were punting and Dez was the gunner trying to get down field to make the tackle. His one catch he got, Romo audibled at the line and Dez came in to the slot to get away from the 2 man press.

Gawd how bad is Dallas defense. It is aweful. We managed to make Christian ponder look good last week.

Oh well I was expecting a Shalacking. Biggest blow to me this week was Rodgers getting hurt so the eagles could beat Green Bay. How lucky are they.

Then Wallace gets hurt... 3rd string QB vs the Eagles.

Some fantastic games today. Was glad to see the Panthers D shut out the 49ers offense because a buddy is a 49ers fan who thinks Kaepernick is the best QB to ever step onto an NFL field, so it was nice to rub that in his face.

Rams embarassing the Colts in Indianapolis..wow! Didn't see that coming at all. Tavon Austin had his coming out party today. Wasn't it just a few days ago someone in this thread was saying how Austin hasn't shown much of the skill set that hyped in coming into the draft? Well, he showed everyone what he could do today.

Bengals Ravens was great as well. That hail mary on the last play of the game, can't believe it got tipped so beautifully to AJ Green. Why the hell would Ihedigbo push his arm upwards to tip the ball in the air? He should have swatted down on the ball. Anyways, that was a fun game to watch.

That was me calling out Austin. He finally looked like he stopped over thinking things and let his talent take over. Rams have plenty of time left in the remainder of the season to learn how to properly use him as a weapon.

How about Riley freaking Cooper that guy has no speed and can't get separation! He has been getting lucky with dbs that are covering him are falling and he has some chemistry with Foles to make up for that.

Eagles have been getting lucky the past couple of week's with the match ups. I fully expect defenses will adjust and press Cooper at the line more so that he can't get separation downfield.

Tough day for the BC Lions today. Somewhat made up by seeing the Cowboys get obliterated. Eagles have a real shot at the playoffs in the NFC least.

Giants and Redskins are not totally out of it either yet. Giants got some stability to their run game with Andre Brown back.

San fran looks like they are going to struggle to hold off Carolina just to make the playoffs as a wild card team. They are too banged up to beat Seattle and challenge for the division. No Davis no Crabtree, Boldin is slow and can't get separation any more.

They did get Manningham back though for what it is worth.

Nobody is gonna beat the Seahawks at home. Their best chance was getting home field. I don't see anyone stopping the Seahawks in the NFC now with Harvin expected back next week.

The only question is the AFC with the Broncos and how they handle the Chiefs and maybe the Patriots, obviously Manning's health and how he will fare in the cold weather are the question marks still.

Barring unforeseen injuries I totally see a Seahawks, Broncos, Superbowl.

How about Riley freaking Cooper that guy has no speed and can't get separation! He has been getting lucky with dbs that are covering him are falling and he has some chemistry with Foles to make up for that.

Eagles have been getting lucky the past couple of week's with the match ups. I fully expect defenses will adjust and press Cooper at the line more so that he can't get separation downfield.

Tough day for the BC Lions today. Somewhat made up by seeing the Cowboys get obliterated. Eagles have a real shot at the playoffs in the NFC east.

The only thing is that the Cowboys have an easy schedule from here on out, so the Eagles will have to win almost all their games and have to beat the Cowboys in week 17 for any chance.

Edit: aside from Detroit, the Eagles don't have that tough of a schedule either.

Edited by pomegranate

That was me calling out Austin. He finally looked like he stopped over thinking things and let his talent take over. Rams have plenty of time left in the remainder of the season to learn how to properly use him as a weapon.

Tough day for the BC Lions today. Somewhat made up by seeing the Cowboys get obliterated. Eagles have a real shot at the playoffs in the NFC least.

Giants and Redskins are not totally out of it either yet. Giants got some stability to their run game with Andre Brown back.

San fran looks like they are going to struggle to hold off Carolina just to make the playoffs as a wild card team. They are too banged up to beat Seattle and challenge for the division. No Davis no Crabtree, Boldin is slow and can't get separation any more.

They did get Manningham back though for what it is worth.

Nobody is gonna beat the Seahawks at home. Their best chance was getting home field. I don't see anyone stopping the Seahawks in the NFC now with Harvin expected back next week.

The only question is the AFC with the Broncos and how they handle the Chiefs and maybe the Patriots, obviously Manning's health and how he will fare in the cold weather are the question marks still.

Barring unforeseen injuries I totally see a Seahawks, Broncos, Superbowl.

I think the Saints will beat the Seahawks at home. It'll be a close game, but with Graham and Sproles getting healthier every week, and Colston getting back to game speed, I think they can do it. But their defense is terrible.